• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Customizers

Sounddragon

Oakley Enthusiast
Netherlands
Is it normal that these guys just do not respond if you send messages through their site?
I am planning to customize two X metals (Juliet and XS) to make them an awesome set, but if they do not even respond on a simple request for a quote I'm kind of scared to go on with this.. let alone sending them my Oakleys.

Subquestion; are there more options for having custom cerakote (special paint) jobs done?

Is it normal that these guys just do not respond if you send messages through their site?
I am planning to customize two X metals (Juliet and XS) to make them an awesome set, but if they do not even respond on a simple request for a quote I'm kind of scared to go on with this.. let alone sending them my Oakleys.
Subquestion; are there more options for having custom cerakote (special paint) jobs done?

When did you send it? He has a lot to do and i think it says that you sometimes have to wait for a week before you get an answer

Hmmm, first attempt just about 3 weeks ago, second one after 2 weeks, so that should be one week ago..

I know their site says to have some patience, but how patient do you have to be?

@zwc0442 and @THE X-MAN can both help you and I'd readily send a frame to them. Dr Chop seems a bit backed up and this was discussed in a long post late last year. Go with one of the guys I mentioned and you'll never have to worry...

Ok if you can't wait maybe @zwc0442 can help you or if he knows anyone else that can

Kewl, I will wait for his response, thanks!

It is not that I cannot wait, but it is already 2017, some sort of response from Dr. C would not be too much to ask for in my humble opinion. If you send them a message through the site you do not get a copy in your mail or any confirmation what so ever, so it is kinda hard to determine if they receive your message at all, so you have no way to tell if they just ignore you or your mail is being processed or something..

My point is, if they are so 'easy' on this, how will things go if I ship my stuff there.. maybe it will go into a black hole for a year with complete radiosilence.. would not be amused..

@zwc0442 and @THE X-MAN can both help you and I'd readily send a frame to them. Dr Chop seems a bit backed up and this was discussed in a long post late last year. Go with one of the guys I mentioned and you'll never have to worry...
Thanks!

Already found X-man, but he seems to do plain coatings which are very very nice, and for sure something to consider maybe in a Ti02, but I am (prefer) looking for a custom camo job in cerakote or something else that does not keep me from wearing them because it is too vulnerable.

Thanks!

Already found X-man, but he seems to do plain coatings which are very very nice, and for sure something to consider maybe in a Ti02, but I am (prefer) looking for a custom camo job in cerakote or something else that does not keep me from wearing them because it is too vulnerable.
Have you talked with xman? He may be able to do what you want, if not, I'd hit up zach.

Back