• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Customs, BTW...

These are my very first customs... i have been picking up some damaged frames, and restoring them. I thought they might do with a custom paint job. I have an old Iwata HP-C and a Paasche Type V from 25 years ago, so i dug them out to give them a try. I read up a bit, and took all of the advice from the forum, and gave them a quick sanding, used Bulldog adhesion promoter, Hot Rod Flatz Black, House of Kolor paints (the blue splatter is some DupliColor auto paint i had) , and Hot Rod Flatz low gloss clear coat. Splattering took a bit of trial and error before trying it on the frames.

The Oil Rig has a brand new Stealth Black Polarized Revant lens, the Batwolf has a brand new Prizm Sapphire lens, and the Gascan has new GalaxyLense Ice Iridium Polarized lens.

I have two more finishing up. Another splatter blue Gascan, and an M Frame Gen 2 i splattered blue.

Feedback is most welcome.

Brian

View attachment 782859

View attachment 782860

View attachment 782861
Very nice work 👍

True enough. I’m still far away where the shore is a vacation day. We have a family home in SC that is 15 minutes from Hilton Head, and avoid it between July and August, just as you said. September is an awesome time to go.

True enough. I’m still far away where the shore is a vacation day. We have a family home in SC that is 15 minutes from Hilton Head, and avoid it between July and August, just as you said. September is an awesome time to go.
You know the drill then. I have a place a couple hundred miles up from you in Calabash, NC. It's the same anywhere coastal.

Here's a few that are a flashback to splatter mumbo colors.... Neon style.

AFE4BBFD-8846-43EF-9EBE-35483598F1FD.jpeg
505532E7-705B-4CB6-9D83-0F1142DBA7DE.jpeg
A6120314-112B-454F-84AA-66F1DBC2D566.jpeg
C5188BA2-8B0E-47D3-AD5C-2B685571A895.jpeg

Very nice !!!

How difficult was removing the stretchline logo ?
Not too bad. They are metal and have a very thick adhesive. worked my way from one side across the bottom to the other end with a precision screwdriver, then lifted it up and out. They had bent a tiny little bit, but bent back easily enough.

Back