• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Customs-X Review

Tunnie

Oakley Enthusiast
BKK & NYC
I recently traded some of my display items for 4 sets of Customs-X rubber and realized I have no knowledge of them at all, though I've heard of it for a long time. I've just been googling and a thread here found that it originated in Samutprakan, Thailand. No website or any other info found. One thing I know is that the selling price of a set is even more expensive than Oakley's, considering the price of Oakley's sold in Thailand is twice sold in the U.S. already. The common colors for Customs-X are white, yellow, blue, and red. The more rare ones are orange, green, and silver.

I tried them on and the first impression is that the fit is so tight. Once in place, the earsock is not able to move at all, which I think it's a good thing. One side of the earsock says "Customs" while the other says "X". The temple shocks came in 2 sizes just like Oakley's. The ones marked "S" are the same size as "15" and "M" are of those "25". I found it somewhat makes the frame tighter on your face, might because it's still new.

My overall impression is that the grip is good, stuck on your face fine. The "Customs" and "X" on the earsocks make it looks good on the frame. But would I actually pay to buy a set? Of course! If I want to add more color into the frame. But maybe not, if I was to look for a replacement set for the old or damaged rubber set. In the latter case, I would go for the plain Oakley's black or rootbeer.

This is the pic of my 3 musketeers taken last week. I've put white set in the polished frame, yellow on the plasma frame, and red on the x-metal frame (of course!).
D707D9B4-BE1F-405D-8560-FC5A55B78FD7-3205-00000341BAE99EDE_zps901741cb.jpg

63EC2466-DBB0-4B23-917C-83E10C4717E6-3205-0000034500B67BA5_zps7c57a6f2.jpg

they were all over ebay for a while, until Oakley sent the dogs after em. Or at least that was the basis of the story...

Latest Posts

Back