• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cut The Cable Cord

Here is what I have found about roku to watch all Espns even live. Your ISP must be on roku list of providers such as comcast, time warner att uverse and many more. If you have that ISP your are good to go with ALL Espns

For those that have done this...what about the ability to watch live sporting events?
I cut the cord more than 2 years ago. You can watch live sports online free via Wiziwig. If you have a device that can access the internet either plugged into your TV or streamed to it, you can watch it on TV. It won't be HD, which hurt giving up at first, but we got used to it. It's better than dropping a ton monthly not to watch much TV. We use Netflix and the Wiziwig I mentioned and it works!

I cut the cord more than 2 years ago. You can watch live sports online free via Wiziwig. If you have a device that can access the internet either plugged into your TV or streamed to it, you can watch it on TV. It won't be HD, which hurt giving up at first, but we got used to it. It's better than dropping a ton monthly not to watch much TV. We use Netflix and the Wiziwig I mentioned and it works!
No HD??? OMG that part scares the crap out of me. I wonder if there is a way to watch HD via Roku, WizWig, Hulu or some other device

I got rid of satellite do to the spotty reception, even some of the best HD antennas dont provide the ultra crisp signal on cable. I use apple tv, and stream netflix and watch bluray's but for some reason since I got the X1 platform I cant believe the capabilities it offers. For what I got, its worth the low monthly cost....

What about the PS3 or PS4. They have a lot of services like Netflix, hulu plus, amazon instant video, redbox instant and youtube(lol), Qello concerts(music concerts?), and HBO Go.

Seriously contemplating going this route. Right now comcast X1 is offering (local to me) a 50mbps internet with a 10+ channel package for $49.99/month which includes HBO (bonus). This would get me all local channels in HD as well as a fast internet connection Which is a must for streaming.

Now if I get this package will I have access (even for a fee) to LIVE ESPN programming as well as Big 10 programming (even if also for a fee)? The access to live sports is the only thing keeping me from snipping Please any input

Back