• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cutting lenses by hand (a guide)

Dam how hard is the cutting process ?
Still figuring out the best process but it's not too bad.
The nosepiece and mounting points are pretty tricky but the rest is quite straight forward.

That being said, I've been working on beater donors and the finishing is very rough. If you want some really shield cuts I'd recommend going to one of the pros like @Wavecloud’s Customisation

Still figuring out the best process but it's not too bad.
The nosepiece and mounting points are pretty tricky but the rest is quite straight forward.

That being said, I've been working on beater donors and the finishing is very rough. If you want some really shield cuts I'd recommend going to one of the pros like @Wavecloud’s Customisation
We’ve been talking I have some a frame lenses that I’ll be sending to him.

Haven’t done any cutting , but this golds are very under rated.
BE5D08AD-72EF-4CF8-84D4-0C1FEF98366B.jpeg

B3171EA5-8BCF-4C3C-805C-8435014BDEB2.jpeg

ED8D1E0D-0ABE-4838-9F70-8A5A41DB74E1.jpeg

Oh hell yeah. Has anybody tried doing ballistic lenses? It’s probably not the brightest idea but I’d love some for my eye jackets. I’m sure the classic m frame designs are typically used for safety reasons but the fog resistance/ir protection would be kind of cool to have even if they aren’t safe for shooting. Plus ballistic lenses seem to everywhere

Oh hell yeah. Has anybody tried doing ballistic lenses? It’s probably not the brightest idea but I’d love some for my eye jackets. I’m sure the classic m frame designs are typically used for safety reasons but the fog resistance/ir protection would be kind of cool to have even if they aren’t safe for shooting. Plus ballistic lenses seem to everywhere
Not the right base curve

Latest Posts

Back