• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cutting lenses by hand (a guide)

Yet you still see a dozen half jackets a year with the lenses in backwards lol

Oh and @BoostBear got an NEJ with the lenses upside down. I’ve seen a Romeo like that now that I think about it. Man people are stupid.

I make no promises about staying out of trouble.

Oh and @BoostBear got an NEJ with the lenses upside down. I’ve seen a Romeo like that now that I think about it. Man people are stupid.

It's just too bad people forget to look at which way the old lenses came out to compare ;) it's Monday, lots of time to cause trouble this week lol.

I know it's extremely important to Oakley on Polarized lenses especially since the axis for oakley is perfect within I believe 0.1° or less. Due to the way they process lenses they are injected and coated at the same time. So perfect polarization and perfect matching Iridium. We've all seen variation in color, that's the biggest issue with doing only one lens at a time. I used to think this only mattered on shield/mask style like radar, m, then I saw a video and even the 8.75 blanks are manufactured in pairs.
You won't do any damage to your eyes to replace just one lens. But Oakley is machined and set up for perfection (in most cases) when everything goes right.

Ps, I've used two right lenses to make square wire 2.0 lenses without any issue. A lens upside down has the same optics as right side up as long as you use it for the other eye. You don't want to put a right lens upside down in the right side.... That'll give u a headache and eyestrain. But a right lens flipped and on the left side is true optically speaking.

Happy Monday all! @"TRUMP" @SiRacer420 and @hondazcrxsi stay out of trouble lol!

Thanks for the info Chris. I figured there would be no issues using two different lenses from two different sets. I just wasn’t sure about polar lenses though.

Ps. You know I can’t stay out of trouble

The NEJ was one thing, but in the same lot I got a frogskins with lenses flip-flopped put in backwards - as in the iridium facing the user. I imagine they are related to whoever is selling this pair of SidelineSwaps - Custom Flak :confused:

40cdf32562513719_large.jpeg.jpg

Latest Posts

Back