• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cutting Lenses for X-Metal

Flak jacket xlj send to work for xx Xmetal, but again on xx Xmetal etching can be an issue left behind "P".
I’m curious if Oakley will produce Flak lenses for the foreseeable future. It was one of the best sellers for a long time, but Flak 2.0 obviously replaced it.

It’s good that Flak works for XX X-Metal. Always good to possess another option.

I’m curious if Oakley will produce Flak lenses for the foreseeable future. It was one of the best sellers for a long time, but Flak 2.0 obviously replaced it.

It’s good that Flak works for XX X-Metal. Always good to possess another option.
Agreed. I've noticed they have started basically doing flak 1.0 frames in Black or polished black, and that's about it. But lenses still come in 15+ colors :)

Hand cut, yeah. Machine cut, no.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Just throwing this out there I see a lot of talk about flak 2.0 xl lenses. As long as they are NOT polorized they can be machine cut by @Chris A Hardaway for Juliet’s and penny of course. Sometimes there may be a sliver of prizm etching left sometimes not. I’ve had Chris cut a few for my personal Juliet’s and have all come out great!