• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cutting Lenses - What Works

You know if he will cut lenses if you send them to him? Trying to get ruby polar and Deep water Prizm for two of my R2 pairs. I saw somewhere someone got a set of prizm snow cut, looks awesome.

He's a she and I believe she will if the donors are suitable, though I can't speak for her. Haven't seen her around here lately so you might want to try contacting through the website I linked earlier. Be aware she's located in the UAE, which isn't really a big deal but can affect shipping times and/or costs.

Also, you will have trouble getting ruby polar and DWP. The problem with polarized is you need a donor big enough to cut without changing the orientation of the polarization, while with non-polar you can cut in any orientation. AFAIK there aren't any suitable ruby polar donors for R2 cuts, but there are for regular ruby - I have a pair, actually. DWP are also polarized and you'll likely have the same problem.

I don't think she's the one who did the prizm snow; was that @jdd32?

He's a she and I believe she will if the donors are suitable, though I can't speak for her. Haven't seen her around here lately so you might want to try contacting through the website I linked earlier. Be aware she's located in the UAE, which isn't really a big deal but can affect shipping times and/or costs.

Also, you will have trouble getting ruby polar and DWP. The problem with polarized is you need a donor big enough to cut without changing the orientation of the polarization, while with non-polar you can cut in any orientation. AFAIK there aren't any suitable ruby polar donors for R2 cuts, but there are for regular ruby - I have a pair, actually. DWP are also polarized and you'll likely have the same problem.

I think it was. Thanks for the input, probably going to have to settle for non polar or turn to a linegear lens.

AFAIK, I'm the only one who has chopped sapphire prizm for R2.

As for Ruby polar, it can be done for R2 but you'll lose the 'tail'

Got an XX DWP set. Saaaweeet. Need to find a Ruby.
Ruby can be tough. I found mine by buying a triggerman off Ebay. Cost was $54.00. Just have to watch & wait for a decent deal. On Oakley's website they have non-polarized Ruby (Fruby) lenses only in stock for $60.00.

Back