• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cutting Lenses - What Works

I will get a pic to dyer this weekend of mine since they were for my dad, and post here so you guys can see.

Anybody here done a cut for the Square Wire (OO4075) frame before? Contemplating getting a cut of Prizm Black lenses. Chris H. recommended either a Straightlink or Turbine, but wasn't 100% sure those would work. Does anyone have experience with any other donor lenses?

anyone can help which donor i could use for prism baseball field to cut X squared ?
wanna keep the curvature
is Flak2.0 big enough?

I THINK Straightlink works... I say that because the XS cuts I've received in the past from Chris came in that box. I thought I saw someone use an M Frame lens as well, but I'm less confident in that statement.
I'm interested in knowing how this plays out... please keep me posted if/when you find something and cut it.

Good luck!

One has to wonder how big a revenue stream Oakley could have generated by pushing lens blanks, 8.75 base curve in all colors. I know ppl on here would have gone apesh!t over it. What would it take for anyone to convince the Italians that this is a good idea.
I mean really... 8.75 blanks... We could outfit all our favourites with whatever we'd like

One has to wonder how big a revenue stream Oakley could have generated by pushing lens blanks, 8.75 base curve in all colors. I know ppl on here would have gone apesh!t over it. What would it take for anyone to convince the Italians that this is a good idea.
I mean really... 8.75 blanks... We could outfit all our favourites with whatever we'd like

Too bad Oakley opticians can't order. They must have blanks, just no official system for ordering them... Would make @Chris A Hardaway get swamped with work for the next few years ;)

Hi, i have 3 pairs of oakleys that need new lenses, a pair of romeos, a pair of juliets and not too sure which one the third one is, i think its penny(see pic), JB022715. The link provided in the very first post does not work, nor does copy pasting. Can you please help me out, i need to know which lenses to get and cut out lenses for my glasses.
cheers

IMG_2304.JPG

IMG_2305.JPG

Hi, i have 3 pairs of oakleys that need new lenses, a pair of romeos, a pair of juliets and not too sure which one the third one is, i think its penny(see pic), JB022715. The link provided in the very first post does not work, nor does copy pasting. Can you please help me out, i need to know which lenses to get and cut out lenses for my glasses.
cheers

View attachment 375763

View attachment 375764
That's also a Juliet. Polished with hammer stems.

Latest Posts

Back