• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cutting Lensses

Darkarchangel

Oakley Beginner
Has anybody in the forums try the DIY guide for cutting their on lenses. I was thinking of cutting a M frame lenses to replace my minute lenses.

I've had the same question. Someone told me that using a dremel and a belt sander would probably work the best. The school I work at also has a laser cutter though too...but I have no idea if that would cut haha.

I have done it and it does work. You need to be very careful and take your time. The DIY on the O-review by Josh is very informative. It's best if you can practice on a junk lens or two first.

I have all the necessary tools an gear to do this. I just need to pick up the premask tape, which can be obtained from any sign shop. I am thinking of doing this soon.

Anyone have a better technique to extend the nosepieces on o-matter frames? This sounds soooo strange, but I need to use Juliet Nose bombs to make the Fuel Cell's fit me properly haha. (I always have a backup frame for each) lol.

which curved shield can be used for which set lenses?

M-Frame
Radar
Goggles

we should create a list?!?

Yes, that's a great idea! I was wondering that. What I find that makes me a little uneasy is the amount of waste you get off the shields, but I guess there's no real other way. Good idea though OakleyNerd! I'll try and match some of my lenses up tonight and see if they fit on my M-Frame

If you have LensCrafters or similar store near you they can cut it for you professionally. One machines traces the shape of the inner orbital on the frame and another cuts and polishes the edges to the exact shape. My local Vision Express store charge £15 to cut lens.

Latest Posts

Back