• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cutting Lensses

Funny, my LensCrafter are delusional and quoted me nearly $400 to cut some lenses as did a plac edown the road from them

If you have LensCrafters or similar store near you they can cut it for you professionally. One machines traces the shape of the inner orbital on the frame and another cuts and polishes the edges to the exact shape. My local Vision Express store charge £15 to cut lens.

seems like this link on o-review has been taken out. anyone has a pdf? I step by step on how to trim lenses would be really helpful..

seems like this link on o-review has been taken out. anyone has a pdf? I step by step on how to trim lenses would be really helpful..

WHAT!

If you have LensCrafters or similar store near you they can cut it for you professionally. One machines traces the shape of the inner orbital on the frame and another cuts and polishes the edges to the exact shape. My local Vision Express store charge £15 to cut lens.

Before I tackled all the chops, I went to my local Lenscrafters. Well, let's say they set me back the cost of a pair of lenses...Looked like they hacked em with a razor knife and wire cutters!!! I was stunned to put it mildly. All chunky, squared, and nowhere near the shape of the lenses I wanted lol. It ain't cheap learning lessons.

Wow! Thats massive effort! I wonder if its would be easier with a dremel. I just bought one today and so excited cant wait for my fast jacket lenses to cut for my romeo 1. Hihi.
Thanks marc for the pics! Just wondering how you do the etching? Would there be a lettering template that help you with this?

I'm glad I could help you.
NO, it's not a template :smile:

Latest Posts

Back