• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cyber Sale 30% OFF

One (1) of your customers? No testing or empirical evidence? I don't think you should advertise as better than Oakley based on 1 customer.

I agree. Unless they incorporate taper optics correction, equivalent thickness (not paper thin like walleva), and are made from the same grade lexan (Plutonite), you can't begin to make those claims. I may have to grab some and run em to hq and see if someone will laser test em and run the other optics tests, that will show us if the claims can be substantiated.

One of the biggest reasons I wear Oakleys and my biggest selling point for them is their Impact Resistance. Having had shrapnel repel off a lens and also taking a comeback line drive in baseball in the eye and the lens only being scratched, I would put my eyes in the protection of plutonite only. Agreeing with the others, you could show me 1000 customer reviews, unless I had test results and tech specs I would ALWAYS remain a skeptic.

@ Eyekon,

why don't you ship some free samples to some forum members?
They could give us an independent opinion.

Bit the bullet and bought 2 sets of lenses for the Oakley XX. Ended up going with the Bronze Alloy and Black Chrome, both polarized. I'll try to post some pictures when I get them. Was able to use a combo of promo codes to get both sets for $42.51 with free shipping. Hopefully they don't turn out to be a waste of money.

Bit the bullet and bought 2 sets of lenses for the Oakley XX. Ended up going with the Bronze Alloy and Black Chrome, both polarized. I'll try to post some pictures when I get them. Was able to use a combo of promo codes to get both sets for $42.51 with free shipping. Hopefully they don't turn out to be a waste of money.

How was the lenses? Still looking for lenses to replace my mars but might have to experiment cutting lenses again.

Back