• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cycling Helmets

Yep. Like I said.. twice they tried. Back in 88 and 89 or so their shoe was used by the 7-11 team. Cool shoe for the era but availability was quite limited and it fizzled out.
$_3.jpg

Then in early 2000s again they came out during their partnership with Lance. Below are the Poggio,the Hautacam and the one they called the "Lance" shoe.
5038810011_large.jpg

6236110996_3e3547b854_b.jpg

$_1.jpg

Nope.
Adidas made a somewhat ok shoe (I had it back in 02). Their cycling shoe business became Mavic's shoe line.

Flat pedals are useless for proper road cycling. Clipless pedals are optimal. As for falling, over the years I have had my share of crashes and in none did I stay clipped in to the bike. I always unclipped during the fall so what you describe is a non issue.

I've been told by reputable sources that there are actually 3 helmets coming out and they will be displaying helmets at Interbike this year. Also, supposedly, at least one long time Oakley triathlete will be donning one of the new bike helmets, most likely the Triathlete style helmet with a detachable eye shield at Kona later this year. Plus, there will be eyewear integration into the helmet. Places to put your sunnies on the helmet when you don't want to wear them.

I've also heard that Lance will also be wearing it and he will win the 2018 Tour de France again.

The last sentence about Lance did not come from a reliable source. The rest is true.

I've also heard that Lance will also be wearing it and he will win the 2018 Tour de France again.

The last sentence about Lance did not come from a reliable source. The rest is true.

In order for someone to do something again, that someone must have done it once before. Last I checked there is a big old blank space where the winner's name is supposed to be for all of those 7 TDFs.

Just sayin'... ;-)

In order for someone to do something again, that someone must have done it once before. Last I checked there is a big old blank space where the winner's name is supposed to be for all of those 7 TDFs.

Just sayin'... ;-)
Obviously you missed the point of that post Rc ;-). Well maybe after Cavendish cuts ties with Met, his team will be wearing Oakley helmets and he will win the TDF, if he can manage to stay on his bike for the full race.

Latest Posts

Back