• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cycling Helmets

Aesthetically the Aro5 grew on me in the Cavendish colors.

Oakley ARO5 Cavendish Green | Oakley US Store

I'm just held back by the fact my Bontrager Ballista has been flawless all-around. The Aro5 would be a second helmet as opposed to replacement, and that makes no sense to me unless I got something way different....but of course the Aro7 is ridiculous coin.

some photo of Aro 5 and Aro 7
all in M size

IMG_4815.JPG

IMG_4817.JPG

IMG_4818.JPG

IMG_4819.JPG

IMG_4820.JPG

IMG_7674.JPG

IMG_7676.JPG

IMG_7678.JPG

IMG_7682.JPG

IMG_7683.JPG

I've been wearing the Ar05 for a few weeks now. It's comfortable enough I suppose (although still can't hold a candle to my Giro Synthe), but it is HOT. I mean like if it's going to be 80+ I just leave it at home. I'm sure I'll enjoy it well enough during CX season, but damn. HOT.

Of course UPS delivers only during my ride today.

Initial try on, I'd say it's narrow for something in the size range. Almost seems like they screwed up the size tiers because they can't accommodate above 60cm, and this is feeling pretty tight when I'm at 59cm. With the narrow fit is still a wide appearance so I'm only hoping the wind tunnel results would've justified that.

Regarding the heat comment above, I'm not surprised if I find the same because there's barely an exhaust port.

Not gonna lie, pretty underwhelmed atm as I probe around the design.

20180827_192649.jpg

Hmmm..."nifty" looking, but practical? Clearly not designed for mountain biking. Maybe for cruising on a SoCal strand on your banana-barred cruiser?

Hi , i m looking for a Cavendish aro5 helmet, size L. Does anyone want to sell one , or do you know one market place ?

i really like those but i feel like there should be XL size
has any1 fits L size with head larger then 60cm ? i'm near 62
and i got no shops with those helmets in my vicinity

i really like those but i feel like there should be XL size
has any1 fits L size with head larger then 60cm ? i'm near 62
and i got no shops with those helmets in my vicinity

It fits small. From my past post here, I'm a 59, and I need a haircut to make the size L fit — and it's not all that comfortable. I'm still thinking they made some kind of mistake with sizing, maybe when accounting for the MIPS layer.

Back