• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cyclops Penny On The Bay... Kinda

kronin323

Font of Useless Knowledge
Austin, TX
OK, I have mixed feelings about the whole "post ridiculous oakley ebay auctions so we can all make fun of it" thing, but it seems kinda slow lately so I thought I'd put one out there:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Men-Cyclo...992?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19f3634290

Ok, a pair of pennies with some add-on blinders to make it look x-men, fine, there's plenty of DIY blinders floating around, there's a market for it...

Ok, $600, a little steep for a penny but not ridiculous...

Wait a minute, did I read that right? This auction isn't for the pennies, it's only for the LENSES. And they're not even OEM, some nameless aftermarket. Why are they worth $600? Because they're really red. Like in the movie. Like all the pics he posted from the movie.

Where's my wallet?

That seller has been selling those for years. They are exovista lenses which he paid around $30 for and his feedback from buyers has been poor since then. He uses another eBay account now to make his purchases and uses this one to sell from. He rarely sells them at that price point and takes a best offer also. Total scam on his part.

I wondered if this one has been around before... I rarely search the bay for pennies...

Too bad the bay doesn't have the same "no duplicate account" rules as this forum!

OK, question submitted of:

"Could you please explain what value you added to a $30 pair of exovista aftermarket lenses that justifies the $570 markup?"

If others want to join in, I think it'd be cool if we all asked the exact same question... copy and paste away...

But once they are sold there are not anymore...

Yeah, I've been looking through his feedback - he's been doing it for years; it's amazing how many people have bitten this hook, and some even left positive feedback. There's even one negative feedback that points out that they're resold exovistas... in the middle of a bunch of positive feedback from exovista...

But my favorite one is this negative feedback from 2011:

"you are bad seller.. you cheat me only $250.00 i revenge you. i swear!!"

:lol:

Yeah, I've been looking through his feedback - he's been doing it for years; it's amazing how many people have bitten this hook, and some even left positive feedback. There's even one negative feedback that points out that they're resold exovistas... in the middle of a bunch of positive feedback from exovista...

But my favorite one is this negative feedback from 2011:

"you are bad seller.. you cheat me only $250.00 i revenge you. i swear!!"

:lol:

Back