• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Cyclops X-Metal/Titanium Penny

So is your collection just the old school Rubys? If so you got some really good lenses. My Juliets are serial number 1500 and are not as solidly dark red as yours. I had assumed you got some modified lenses.

Financially NOT viable. I fully understand your frustrations, but even if they did make another batch, there's still NO guarantee as to the quantites that would be sellable, nor the final hue.
Haha, isn't that what is always comes down to. You'd think with all their lens manufacturing expertise they could do it, haha. Oh well...

So is your collection just the old school Rubys? If so you got some really good lenses. My Juliets are serial number 1500 and are not as solidly dark red as yours. I had assumed you got some modified lenses.

First of all, the number of my Juliets is X-23k, so not in the official X-Men release number by a longggggggg shot. The lenses were one that I got on eBay back in 2010-11ish. I watched for the correct hue.......and waitied. I had another X pair which I lost, like a douch. They were more Red Ruby than the Ruby Ruby....

First of all, the number of my Juliets is X-23k, so not in the official X-Men release number by a longggggggg shot. The lenses were one that I got on eBay back in 2010-11ish. I watched for the correct hue.......and waitied. I had another X pair which I lost, like a douch. They were more Red Ruby than the Ruby Ruby....
Patience and a lot of luck it sounds like! Those are beautiful man!

Thank you. 'I lucked out' on these. But patience is an important factor. When I got my lenses for my Pennys, I was blown away when I had paid 28 quid(pounds)from eBay and recieved them immaculate.
Wow... I never get that lucky. I just assume every frame I get off eBay need a a total overhaul including lenses. Sometimes I get lucky and the rubber or lenses are okay, usually not... I'd love to find that old school ruby for my collection. Hardaway cut one similar not too long ago. Super hard to find but they do pop up from time to time!

Wow... I never get that lucky. I just assume every frame I get off eBay need a a total overhaul including lenses. Sometimes I get lucky and the rubber or lenses are okay, usually not... I'd love to find that old school ruby for my collection. Hardaway cut one similar not too long ago. Super hard to find but they do pop up from time to time!

Just be keen and you'll come up trumps in the end. However, as to pricing, that is another story. You may need to shell out to get a good pair.