• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Daily wear Juliets with a tight temple bar.

J23

Oakley Beginner
Hey all, I've been wearing these almost every day since '98 or '99 (can't remember when I got them). The only time I haven't worn them were a few years where I switched to a pair of Mars.

They've been back to Oakley for three tune-ups and the latest were when I sent them in for Rx lenses (my first pair of Rx glasses).

Recently the left temple bar feels tight while the right one feels a bit loose. I haven't messed with them myself and don't want to strip any threads. Should I send them back to Oakley or attempt to adjust them myself?

Out of curiosity I checked the serial and I think it's pretty low... J001540. Maybe it's time to retire them and get a back up pair for my daily wear?

Welcome, my Juliets are Rx too, you could send them in for a tune up at Oakley or send the to @THE X-MAN on here, he does a great job on tuning them up. Getting another pair would be great to have as a swap out pair when you have to get one tuned up. You really don't need to retire the pair, they will out last you and if the frame is beat up you also can have them refinished to make them look new again.

Hey all, I've been wearing these almost every day since '98 or '99 (can't remember when I got them). The only time I haven't worn them were a few years where I switched to a pair of Mars.

They've been back to Oakley for three tune-ups and the latest were when I sent them in for Rx lenses (my first pair of Rx glasses).

Recently the left temple bar feels tight while the right one feels a bit loose. I haven't messed with them myself and don't want to strip any threads. Should I send them back to Oakley or attempt to adjust them myself?

Out of curiosity I checked the serial and I think it's pretty low... J001540. Maybe it's time to retire them and get a back up pair for my daily wear?

The earstems are fairly easy to work with, so it is something you can do yourself. You just need a T6 precision driver (almost everyone here will recommend Wiha). You could try simply adjusting the tension on the screws or remove them and replace the washers. The washers are small, clear and a pain to handle, but with a little patience it isn't too difficult. You can find replacements from Linegear here or on the Bay.

As far as getting another pair... the answer is always yes!!!

do you still have the mars? ive been thinking about trying a pair. i've owned my juliets for almost as long as you have mqybe around '04 idk for sure, but i wear em everyday too. they've never been tuned up. there's about a half inch or so of play on em. im sending em in soon. about time. anyway i was wondering how you liked the mars compared to the julliets. and def get another pair. i just got my first pair of pennys. another pair of juliets are coming soon too.

I have been having a similar issue with my Juliets where the bridge piece connecting the left and right sides of the frame is very loose. I am seeing that Linegear on eBay sells temple washers but those aren't for tightening the bridge. What would I need to tighten the bridge so it isn't so flimsy? I have owned these for about 10 years and have worn them almost daily. They are incredibly durable glasses that I plan on wearing forever and I've only needed to swap out the lenses and socks once.

Looks like I may have answered my own question after searching eBay... I am probably needing a new set of bridge pins. Are there any instructions available on how to install them without damaging anything? Do they just pull out and the new ones push in?

do you still have the mars? ive been thinking about trying a pair. i've owned my juliets for almost as long as you have mqybe around '04 idk for sure, but i wear em everyday too. they've never been tuned up. there's about a half inch or so of play on em. im sending em in soon. about time. anyway i was wondering how you liked the mars compared to the julliets. and def get another pair. i just got my first pair of pennys. another pair of juliets are coming soon too.

I do have my Mars still. I even picked up another pair of them (Crater Style) a bunch of years ago. Still in the box, I've only tried them on. I bought them as backups in case I something happened to my original pair.

I switched out the lenses on them years ago but didn't do the best job. They are a little loose.

I've been looking for another pair of Juliets or possibly some other style.

I've only ever spotted one other person wearing their Mars... I think they are a little too strange for most to actually wear (which is why I love them).

Back