• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Damaged Oakley's - Suggestions?

SpaceAce

Oakley Beginner
I have two pair of Oakley's that are damaged and from all the research I've done, they are destined to remain damaged.

• First pair are Ducati Hachets - right ear stem swings "out" so they don't stay on. It appears there is a black stop next to the hinge that is missing. That and the ear sock and nose socks are damaged and need to be replaced. -
  • Second pair are Why 8's - was one my favorite pair until they fell out of my truck and I accidently kicked them across the driveway. Need to say, both lenses are severely scratched.
I've looked all over for pieces to repair both pairs of glasses, but have come up empty.

Would appreciate suggestions on where to turn next or am I just out of luck?

Richard Bennett
Olive Branch, MS

Depending on the colorway the Why 8s are salvageable. I have seen some replacement lenses for sale and if not you can get a set custom cut. On the other, just have to watch for a donor pair .

Welcome to the forum.

For your damaged lenses I would recommend Dr. Chop. He can custom cut new lenses for you.
For your Hachets. Maybe another forum member can help you out with that issue.

I have seen why 8 lenses still at vaults as of not too long ago only thing don't remember which one. I think they were lenses may have been socks don't remember. I can tell you where I have been and you could call them. I have been to the vault in Seviervlle Tn, vault in Dawsonville Ga., and the one in Myrtle Beach .S.C . I am thinking maybe it was the one in Ga. Hope this helps. Also one in Monroe, Ohio but I don't think they had anything.

Well hello the fellow Mississippian

eBay and here in the exchange would be the best place to look for factory lenses may put and as in the exchange looking for them or contact dr chop as he would probably be able to cut some lenses for you.

The hatches your best bet is probably to finds a donor pair to strip parts from.

Hope that's a little help

Hey hope this is the place to post I have a pair of black chrome half jackets and the chrome is bubbling and peeling not places I wore them a lot but never in the pool or water and they were always well taken care of. Any suggestions I can post pics if necessary thanks

Hey hope this is the place to post I have a pair of black chrome half jackets and the chrome is bubbling and peeling not places I wore them a lot but never in the pool or water and they were always well taken care of. Any suggestions I can post pics if necessary thanks

You'll probably need to strip it down and repaint them. They're O-matter frames, so shouldn't be too difficult.

I sold the Why 8's off but still have the Ducati Hatchets. Have looked for replacement parts but to no avail.

Latest Posts

Back