• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Darkest Non-Polarized Prizm (or Non Prizm) Oakley Lens?

venexiano

Oakley Beginner
I bought The radar EV Pitch with Prism Field lenses for my competitive beach volleyball. I used them for 1 year, they are amazing lenses.

However, on very very sunny days here in Florida, when the ball comes in line with the sun, I lose the ball cause it is too bright. Real bad! I tried a friend of mine's $20 glasses and indirect sunlight the ball is more distinguishable from the sun than when I use my Prism Field glasses. I see here that Prism Field allows 15% light transmission. I think I need to go lower. I just wanna change lenses and keep the frame. And I want NON polarized lenses for handball coordination. What do you suggest? The options seem to be:

1)Road black with 11% VLS (does it come nonpolarized though?)
2)Everyday Prism Black nonpolarized (11% VLS)
3) Prism SNOW black Iridium (5.5%). Does it come nonpolarized?

Last edited by a moderator:
General Prizm Black nonpolarized is 11% and a great option. Not sure you'd want Snow Black Iridium (and it definitely isn't 5.5%, believe the lowest lenses ever were 9-10%?

Snow Black is 5.5%, only comes in a few frames, I've got it in a Radar EV and Clifden that I've found. Its gotta be a bright day before using.

Very cool - Knew the Clifden had some super dark ones, didn't realize one was Snow Black! That must be one dark lens! Thanks!

Snow Black is 5.5%, only comes in a few frames, I've got it in a Radar EV and Clifden that I've found. Its gotta be a bright day before using.

Very cool - Knew the Clifden had some super dark ones, didn't realize one was Snow Black! That must be one dark lens! Thanks!
its hard to transition eyes to look at something in shade. For example, looking thru windshield to looking at dash.

CLIFDEN STALE SANDBECH SIGNATURE SERIES is the model that has the snow black​

1)Road black with 11% VLS (does it come nonpolarized though?)
2)Everyday Prism Black nonpolarized (11% VLS)
3) Prism SNOW black Iridium (5.5%). Does it come nonpolarized?
Both prizm snow black and prizm road black only comes in non polarized atm

Snow Black is awesome but some may have issues looking at everything in "red". It has become one of my favourites as i need the darkest lens for the Australian summer---not used as intended for the snow!

Thank you. Which one would you suggest between Road Black and everyday black? Which are the differences? They are both at VLS=11.

Back