• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Darkest Non-Polarized Prizm (or Non Prizm) Oakley Lens?

Thank you. Which one would you suggest between Road Black and everyday black? Which are the differences? They are both at VLS=11.

2021-05-12 (1).png2021-05-12.pngThe difference between prizm black and prizm road black is the base lens color, rose vs grey.
2021-05-12 (2).png With Black iridium you get neutral contrast and grey base lens color

Prizm road black uses a rose base, prizm black uses a grey base. Depends whether or not you prefer a rose base. I love prizm road black for cycling, and then I also have a prizm black polarized for everyday I like equally well.

Thank you, I think some contrast and pink color would be nicer, so I am gonna go for Road Black. I was thinking to get a new lens to change on my Radar, but then I found this EVzero with Road black at a great price! It would be easier to have 2 pairs so I can change during the games (light transmission from 15 of the Field to 11 of Road black) when super sunny. https://smile.amazon.com/Oakley-EVZ...ords=oakley+evzero&qid=1621301114&sr=8-2&th=1. Why is it so cheap? All other frames/lenses are double prices. Is it because of that partially pink frame not being too manly? I kinda like it.

Well to answer your question, I think the old Blue Iridiums were some of the darkest. I think they were 9%. Ones I had were pretty dark..lol Not available in the newer frames. I have 2 pairs of RadarEV's, one with a rose base Prizm P road and grey base black iridium. You might do much better with a grey base lens. The rose base can be wonky at times for my eyes.

Back