• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Darwin, Aus.

Supe

Oakley Beginner
First post. Just found this forum when on the hunt for Retina burn/Anti-Freeze Radars. I was thinking it'd be awesome for a centralised locale on all things Oakley and that a forum would be ideal for this. Have been getting a bit of a sweat on for sunnies and have been on the hunt. I'm not a collector but I have spotted a few Oak's that I'd like to own. So far I've bought (within the last 3 weeks) in the order of buying:

Frogskin Jupiter Camo's. <- these were my first dip into serious Oakley territory. I spotted a dude wearing them in a skate mag - noticed the retro Oakley logo (super iconic) jump out at me. Spent some time on the bay looking for them but ended up buying them from a skate shop in the States.

Scalpels - Dark gray/ red iridium <- these were an ebay purchase. Not a big fan of buying stuff from ebay because in my mind, I'm going to worry about authenticity. But these are the real deal and the vendor has long time rep for selling Oaks. Love the lens tint, not so much a big fan of the frame colour. The jet black with black ear socks and red iridiums /w red O icon would be much better colour combo. They do fit perfect though. So at some point I might order a custom.

Shaun White 24K Hollies. Bought from an Interstate Surf shop as you can't buy them from Oakley Aus. My fave glasses. Just loving the look of them. They suit my dome much more than the Frogskins. It's one of those things where certain frames aren't style applicable to all. The Hollies feel right and in my mind, look right. I'll be picking up another set... the clear and the chrome look nice.

Oakley Radar - Chrome BMX - just ordered these ones from a bike shop. Can't wait for these to come through. I'm not so sure about the frames but I figure with the 3 lens choices, most of my lens requirements for Radars are set. Maybe pick up Jet black frames on the bay.

If I can pick up the Anti-Freeze and Retina Burn Radars (new), I think I'll be sorted. Apart from the Bay, can anyone suggest where I could possibly pick these up without cutting off an arm?

Welcome to the forum!! You might have some trouble pickin the AntiFreeze Radars up for a good price, you should be able to get the Retina Burns for a decent price on eBay! Good luck with the hunt!!

welcome to the oakleyforum!
nice pick ups so far . . . and a chrome BMX on the way :thumb:

Aloha and welcome! You'll definitely love it here...it's addicting!

I recently got into the Scalpels too. I picked up a custom pair...polished black w/ lenses swapped for Ducati lenses and slate nose bombs/ear socks, LOVE THEM! It's like they're made for my face, fits like a glove! Anyway, have fun!

Aloha and welcome! You'll definitely love it here...it's addicting!

I recently got into the Scalpels too. I picked up a custom pair...polished black w/ lenses swapped for Ducati lenses and slate nose bombs/ear socks, LOVE THEM! It's like they're made for my face, fits like a glove! Anyway, have fun!

Polished black is the best choice for Scalpels (with black socks to complete the stealth look). The dark grey frames is a bit of a miss. I was thinking of buying the Dukes for my bro in law to replace his battered WileyX's for Christmas.

Back