• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Dat Ice Crater

SiRacer420

BWPMF
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
NOLA
So that Ice Crater came in. It's just as expected. Beautiful blue lenses and awesome blue rubber. There was a bit of a debate over the authenticity of the blur rubber, or at least the nose bombs. The seller wasn't too forthcoming with information other than it was ordered as a custom crater from HQ. After comparing the rubber to other known authentic Mars rubber, I feel it's genuine. The texture, the size, the font on the shox and socks all point to authentic. I am by no means an expert so if anyone has anything to add or needs more pictures, let me know.

The only thing I wasn't happy about is the foam in the box is yucky and he didn't say anything about it. But I didn't ask so I guess it's not his fault.

680 may have a bit too much for some, but after seeing what boxed mars are going for, then if you can find a crater ( let alone boxed) then add in the Ice and rubbers, I'm quite happy with it.

Now for the good stuff.

2015-04-04 13.34.11.jpg
2015-04-04 13.34.38.jpg
2015-04-04 13.36.17.jpg
2015-04-04 13.43.39.jpg
2015-04-04 13.44.31.jpg
2015-04-04 13.46.47.jpg
2015-04-04 13.49.24.jpg
2015-04-04 13.57.24.jpg

They look great!! I wouldn't be too concerned about the foam - just get rid of all the gooey stuff and you will be left with the shaped foam that looks to be in good shape. Nice catch

Congrats on such a beautiful pair! No $$$ can pay the smile on your face on this acquisition

I agree all looks legit. As to what they are "worth", sure worth every penny within the collector's community.
Set of ice OEM Mars lenses - $100+
Set of blue Mars rubbers - $125+
Boxed Crater - $500+
You got a great, rare set and you appreciate them so that's what counts. I think you did well! Yeah the foam is yucky for sure but as noted previously just get rid of the bottom stuff, cut some thin foam sheeting for the bottom to cover the gummy stuff up and stick the arched part back in. Not like you need a lesson on that...
Man that bag is gonna ooze some nasty stuff out when you wash it in some Dawn