• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Daylight Savings Time And Sunglasses...

So up here in the PNW, in the winter it gets dark. The sun rises later and sets earlier, just like anywhere else in the Northern Hemisphere.
But daylight savings time makes this even worse.
I used to be able to enjoy my sunglasses for a brief period of time after work. Now that we rolled the clocks back an hour, it's dark when I go to work, and dark when I get off work.
Looks like my collection will be sitting and waiting for the weekends, and springtime. Waiting for December 21st to come and go.
Today is a sad day.

So up here in the PNW, in the winter it gets dark. The sun rises later and sets earlier, just like anywhere else in the Northern Hemisphere.
But daylight savings time makes this even worse.
I used to be able to enjoy my sunglasses for a brief period of time after work. Now that we rolled the clocks back an hour, it's dark when I go to work, and dark when I get off work.
Looks like my collection will be sitting and waiting for the weekends, and springtime. Waiting for December 21st to come and go.
Today is a sad day.

I think a lot of people go into holiday hibernation.Things around here seem to speed up cause no one wants to be indoors. I got some good deals here last year and on Craigslist. People trying to get money for gifts and what not. Good time to spruce up your collection.

I'm probably weird even with people here, but I keep my pair on a lot, even when it's getting dim out because I found this luxury in not putting up with headlights (of course this isn't when I'm driving) and looking at a smartphone.

You can still wear your shades! Just grab some HI Yellow, Ruby Clear, Ti Clear, Pink Irid, or even Clear lenses and you're good to go. Its a great time to break out the glow in the dark frames too.

My morning commute of an hour is still plenty sunny. Plenty of opportunity to rotate my 6 pairs in during the long Wisconsin winter. Plus have HI yellow lenses I'll be leaving in my Flak's for night driving. Used them for last couple weeks and really think it's helped with my problems with glare during night driving.

I hate this time of the year; the sun sets when I get off work (5:45)... The mornings aren't too bad, but my commute is short (20 minutes max). I guess I will have to venture out during the lunch hour. Also, I will have to break out the gray and nonpolarized stuff.

Latest Posts

Back