• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Dead Thread

So lets go off top pic which is FAKE?will tell you when I've,e got few answers in come on place your answers now! No prises tho

Yeah, based on the chapter ring and bezel the left one is fake in the top pic. Very hard to tell without referencing the Oakley website, and even then the computer generated image might not convey colors quite right.

I hope I get this right, its the left one.

I'm with you. The smaller details on the watch face seem more consistant and better finished. Esp where it says Swiss Made.

Also the face pattern looks to be consistant with the image on the Oakley website.

1355780850954.jpg

regarding the movement - the swiss made ETA movements are widely available. all they had to do was buy the movement seperately and reproduce the casing, band etc. since oakley prices are overpriced anyway (for what they are, im not saying theyre crap but you got to admit it..), even if they give you the same movement in the watch, they still turn a profit selling it under $600.

keep in mind there are also china copies of ETA movements.. works exactly the same, but since its produced abit more cheaply they dont bother adjusting and calibrating them.. so if you get a china movement, get it calibrated by a professional.

Dont get me wrong im not encouraging fake timebombs..this here just goes for watches with china copies of ETA movements in general - and getting the most out of them from a watch point of view. they buy the designs and produce them... and they can be as accurate, if not more, than their swiss made equivalents

Wow that's a very interesting piece there. A normal person wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

In fact I'd have to say that with those pics, I honestly can't see much difference aesthetically.

What so the fakes for? Are they trying to sell them at a high price to fool people into thinking they're real, or are the prices low to where it's obviously not authentic?

I'm with you. The smaller details on the watch face seem more consistant and better finished. Esp where it says Swiss Made.

Also the face pattern looks to be consistant with the image on the Oakley website.

1355780850954.jpg

To me in this picture the one on the right does not look legit, going by the elite icon, it looks more smooth, whereas the one on the left is more detailed, as the original elite icon should be. It could just be the angle of the photo, but that's what I'm seeing. Plus there's a big finger print on the face, you wouldn't catch me taking a pic of my TB2 with a visible finger print! Lol

To me in this picture the one on the right does not look legit, going by the elite icon, it looks more smooth, whereas the one on the left is more detailed, as the original elite icon should be. It could just be the angle of the photo, but that's what I'm seeing. Plus there's a big finger print on the face, you wouldn't catch me taking a pic of my TB2 with a visible finger print! Lol

It also looks like the "Automatic" is not printed directly on the face, but is some kind of appliqué. Also, the CF design on the face (is it real CF on a legit TB2?) is definitely different.

Regardless, it's a very good looking replica. I'd be interested and seeing how it actually feels in hand; weight, finish etc.

First three pics the fake is on LEFT the 4th pic of internals is the pic of FAKE internal watch 4th pic FAKE is on right,5th pic FAKE is nearest to camera weight wise without weighing them you can't tell the difference by hand,if I hadn't got real deal to check against it would have fooled me!!

Latest Posts

Back