• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Dead Thread

First three pics the fake is on LEFT the 4th pic of internals is the pic of FAKE internal watch 4th pic FAKE is on right,5th pic FAKE is nearest to camera weight wise without weighing them you can't tell the difference by hand,if I hadn't got real deal to check against it would have fooled me!!

I am absolutely shocked by how good of a fake that is.

Me to they also do minute machines to I would think twice about buying 2nd hand with out boxes etc after seeing this copy

With sunglasses I have seen fake cleaning cloths, boxes, cases and sunglasses. I didnt think watches would be that close

Hi

Im new to these forums and would like to ask a simple question. I bought a Oakley Time Bomb 2 from someone who i thought was trustworthy and now think its a fake.

Fist of all it didn't arrive in the large special box that includes the plaque with the serial number engraved on it. It arrived in a standard Oakley watch box with absolutely no paper work what soever. He said that the TB2's that come in the larger box are an "SE" special edition and the ones that he was purchasing from his authorized supplier were "gift editions".

There were many issues with the watch that included the 1 and 2 hour markers not sitting correctly in the dial (not aligned correctly) and the clasp did not lock perfectly flush and neat. It could wobble around like crazy.

I complained and he said under warranty it could get fixed. He asked me to send it to his Oakley Authorized supplier in China. I did find this strange but as i Live in Australia and the seller lives in Canada i assume this choice was made to reduce shipping costs.

When the watch came back it mysteriously had 2 pieces of paperwork in it. A warranty information booklet... for Oakley sunglasses and the different types of lenses. And an instruction booklet for an Oakley Time Tank watch.

Also the clasp had not been fixed. Only the 1 and 2 hour markers had been fixed.

There was also no paperwork for the warranty work performed.

I decided today to google the sellers name and it is Aaron Kwan.

To my horror this came up - WatchNet: Deal Watch: SCAMMER Report: Aaron Kwan.

Have i been scammed? Is it possible that a genuine seller could have a genuine Oakley Time Bomb 2 that doesn't come in the large box with an engraved plaque?

Who can i go to to very the watches authenticity. I live in Perth, Western Australia. Is there an Oakley Authorized centre near me?

Please help...

edit - ill post some pics later, i forgot to mention the serial number on the back case is 001xx, is it even remotely possible to get a serial that low considering how old the TB2 line is? It wasn't done through ebay but paid through paypal. This transaction because of delays and shipping to his "repairer" etc has put it past the 45 day paypal dispute time. Is my only hope a credit card chargeback?

I had a run in with this scammer last year! Also regarding a time bomb 2. I paid him and then ran a search only to find out the same bad info on Aaron Kwan. His email address was: ubiquitous.seven@gmail.com.
I filed a case with PayPal on the same day and they reversed the payment.

Found out that the fake uses the same material used in the genuine one and sold for less than $500!
And you can even adjust the bracelet the same way that the genuine. How sick is that? Be careful guys!

Wow. I'm revisiting this thread after a long while. Gotta pay real close attention, though after you get the hand of it, you'll know what to look for. Well, until the fakesters tweak their design to make this even more challenging!!!:crazypilot:

i appreciate this thread very much.. learned a lot on TB2 since this watch is very expensive, as you look at the picture does not have any much difference both have orig CF dial and strap looks very much the same..

Latest Posts

Back