• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Deadbeat EBay Users

idk why that idiot would cancel the transaction after he didn't even want to buy them in the first place and he already has his money back... there's nothing much he can do though, for all he knows that pair could have gotten ran over by a car.... as long as he has his money back you should be all good....

No I tried to cancel the transaction with him on eBay so that it would be done, but it has to be approved by both parties and he denied the cancellation. I gave him a refund but eBay says I still carry out the transaction.

They probably don't realize I've refunded the buyer though.

eBay shows that the buyer has been refunded and I have proof via a link to PayPal. I love how it now shows his address as unconfirmed, thank God I didn't go through with this.

i think we overseas folks are at a losing end here. ha! paypal states that they can't confirm non-US addresses at this time. real bummer to be honest, to the good buyers.

eBay shows that the buyer has been refunded and I have proof via a link to PayPal. I love how it now shows his address as unconfirmed, thank God I didn't go through with this.

There is a point where Ebay buyers should get the boot for failures on their end. No pay, no communication, excuses, more excuses, etc.....I require immediate payment on my buy it nows so buyers don't hold mine item hostage till they have the money. My auctions on the otherhand require payment within 24 hours. If I dont get payment in 3 days I send invoices and emails. After the Ebay alloted time for non-payment, I file at that time. I had a seller that failed to pay for a $12 item for 10 days then gave me some sorry excuse, in the meantime they were selling stuff on their end and responding to emails normally. How do I know this?? I had a friend log in and message them about the stuff they were selling and they responded quick. Go figure......

Deadbeats

I generally approach this a couple ways since I buy and sell on ebay alot.
In my listings I state payment is due IMMEDIATELY. I also send an invoice reminding them payment is due NOW.
After 12 or so hours I send a friendly reminder. After 24 hours I give them a deadline for that day, if I don't received payment I cancel the transaction.

On the buying side-I email the seller and ask if he can ship today. Usually they email me back saying yes or they will let me know when it will.

What about Dumbass buyers-you know the guy in Spain who pays for first class international shipping and emails you 5 days later to complain he still has not received it. :big_boss:

Jono makes a good point. Buyers in Asia (which is 90% of the people I sell Oakleys to) don't have confirmed addresses because PayPal can not confirm address in this market. That doesn't mean they are untrustworthy however, or that you're not protected by PayPal. You are still protected if you can prove delivery to the address listed for the buyer on PayPal, unconfirmed or not (as I understand it).

My Buy It Now (BIN) listings always require immediate payment because there are unscrupulous people out there who will use BIN without ever paying, just to stop others getting the item (I even had one kid BIN and then email to say he wanted the item but had to get a summer job first to get some money, so could I hold it for him for 2 months!). For auctions, I always keep a close eye on who is bidding and where they're from, check their feedback and bid history and fom that you can normally tell if they're flakers or not. If I doubt them I cancel their bid and block. Unfortunately, because eBay is buyer focused and has removed the ability for sellers to warn other sellers about a-hole buyers by not allowing us to leave negative feedback this is the only way to protect yourself. It so one sided to buyers now, and in one sided situations where buyers will always be protected you'll get unscrupulous behaviour because there is nothing to stop them.

F******** zondiggity88. I want those Flying Tiger and C100 Gascan's, and he cancels ALL bids for the 3rd time! 18 days wasted on this guy.

[h=1]eBay Bid Cancellation Notice - Item 280763044898 : Oakley Flying Tigers Gascan RARE DISPLAY LIMITED SOLD OUT[/h][h=1]eBay Bid Cancellation Notice - Item 280763044090 : Oakley C100 Gascan NIB RARE DISPLAY[/h]

what a jerk . . .
i will contact ebay to tell them what he does all the time!

Back