• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Deal Gone Sour - (*Stuck Refund) - What Should I do?

us_Sheikh

Oakley Enthusiast
Okay guys, I'm just writing in to take some advice and I hope that you all can be very helpful which you always have been.

Here goes,

I saw a post in the excghange section and liked a couple of pairs for which I messaged the seller. Everything was going well and although I must have sent him a looooooot of messages regarding shipping because at the time my brother was visiting US with his family and so I thought the items could be shipped to him. All this was after we had agreed onthe item price and shipping price inclusive. Unfortunately, it was a very short time and the items could not be shipped to my brother in time, he was to leave for his flight.

Anyway, I opted for direct shipping which turned out to be alright. Now came the point where I had to pay the guy for the amount he asked me which came up to an even USD 435. (Keep in mind that in all of our conversation, he hadn't said anything about paypal fees, also that I had to buy a gift card through which I can send him the payment and can only be loaded with funds once). I send him USD 435 via paypal and guess what, he only receives USD 417.73 because of the fees. Now he tells me that I must send him the additional 17.27 in order for him to begin to parcel and send the items to me. I go like wait a second, what? Then he told me how paypal charges fees to sellers which in one case was new information to me because i do not use paypal much.

Anyway, the deal went sour and we both agreed that the money would be refunded, but now, he was afraid that paypal would charge him more to refund the money. So he asks me to send him a request for USD 435, which by now i'm aware if I would do, then I myself would lose out on some money in paypal fees. Now granted that I don't know much about paypal myself, but I made it a point to call them (Paypal Customer Service) and get this issue resolved as if either of us the buyer or the seller would have to pay anything if in fact money is refunded and guess what they said, they told me that in the case of a refund (Which only the seller can issue through his page) neither of us would lose anything, the buyer would be refunded his entire amout and the seller would be refunded any seller fees paid on that transaction. I tried to make this clear to him but unfortunately he hasn't been on since last night. And hasnt replied to any of my messages nor has he issued the refund.

I don't know what to do now, Im out $435 and I don't have any parcel headed my way for it and neither will this guy respond to my messages. What's worse is, Ive already spoken to someone else regarding their oakley product and am hoping to make a payment to them once I receive my money back in the card but I don't know when that will be.

Guys, what should I do? I didn't feel it necessary to name who this person is because I do not know if he really wants to refund my money or not. And I wouldn't want anyone to get a bad name because of me so.....I just want my USD 435 back, what should I do.

Please tell me you did NOT pay him F&F. If so then you're ****ed.

If you paid him through the way you should have paid him if you can not get in touch with him after a few days I think you should call paypal and explain to them the situation (not in so much detail) that you paid the seller and now both decided to cancel but he has disappeared. Open a case and get your money back fast.

Others who have more experience with this type of stuff will chime in soon I'm sure.

Please tell me you did NOT pay him F&F. If so then you're ****ed.

If you paid him through the way you should have paid him if you can not get in touch with him after a few days I think you should call paypal and explain to them the situation (not in so much detail) that you paid the seller and now both decided to cancel but he has disappeared. Open a case and get your money back fast.

Others who have more experience with this type of stuff will chime in soon I'm sure.
I think he did G&S because the seller was charged the Fees (4% ish)

give him a little more time bro... maybe he just got caught with something in his work or family... send him a message again... anyway you already posted this message so he will probably read this and also contact you soon (i hope).

If by end of the week he doesnt reply or even contact you then file a claim in paypal. well anyway as you have mentioned that fees were deducted from your original payment it means that you did not use F&F and thats good.

but at the end of the day we would always like to make friends and make good deals... even if your deal went sour i guess its just miscommunication on both parties about the payments and everything.

Hope you sort it out...

give him a little more time bro... maybe he just got caught with something in his work or family... send him a message again... anyway you already posted this message so he will probably read this and also contact you soon (i hope).

If by end of the week he doesnt reply or even contact you then file a claim in paypal. well anyway as you have mentioned that fees were deducted from your original payment it means that you did not use F&F and thats good.

but at the end of the day we would always like to make friends and make good deals... even if your deal went sour i guess its just miscommunication on both parties about the payments and everything.

Hope you sort it out...

Okay well firstly please someone tell me what F&F means? I'm sorry for being such a noob guys but I'm glad I've got some really nice people around here to help me out. And well, on that very note, I really agree with Washi Me Sensie, my intentions are always clear from the beginning of the deal to the very end, and even with this one, I would definitely not want anybody for that matter to incur a loss on my behalf. I also really do not like to be stern but I will say that I also do not like to be taken for granted. I also intend to give him some time because the same thing is on my mind, maybe he is caught up with something personal, for which I hope everything is alright. I guess I should wait till mid day saturday to open a claim. Hopefully he should respond by then.

But just in case, this doesn't end well for me, can I claim my USD 435 from paypal? I mean is it possible for me ever to see that money again?

Okay well firstly please someone tell me what F&F means? I'm sorry for being such a noob guys but I'm glad I've got some really nice people around here to help me out. And well, on that very note, I really agree with Washi Me Sensie, my intentions are always clear from the beginning of the deal to the very end, and even with this one, I would definitely not want anybody for that matter to incur a loss on my behalf. I also really do not like to be stern but I will say that I also do not like to be taken for granted. I also intend to give him some time because the same thing is on my mind, maybe he is caught up with something personal, for which I hope everything is alright. I guess I should wait till mid day saturday to open a claim. Hopefully he should respond by then.

But just in case, this doesn't end well for me, can I claim my USD 435 from paypal? I mean is it possible for me ever to see that money again?

F&F means friends and family bro... its basically like sending a "gift" to someone for which he will not be charged for any fees....

its a big possibility that you will get your money back. First is just to communicate with the seller once again and worse case scenario is you will file a claim...

Let us know what happens....Maybe....maybe someone can take a ride to his house and knock on his door :punish: ;)

Back