• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Deal that went wrong - paid for sunglasses, didn't receive them - What are my options right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the whole F&F topic is starting to turn into a dead horse... I wish the exchange would user-adopt a new standard of listing prices as G&S with the fee factored into the pricing. Like in the real world. There have been a few members who've taken the initiative to start that approach, but most listings still just list things F&F. Often you don't even see "or pay the fee" and some may think it's F&F only, though that's not necessarily the case.

I've mentioned before that I pay everything CC then pay off the entire bill each month, so a F&F payment linked to a CC still charges me a fee; there's no advantage to it.

I could also say that, like many here, I'll only F&F a few well known members that I have history with, both in discussion and in business, but that advice really isn't good enough. Carlos was once a reputable seller in good standing, then things changed and he went bad. So you never know; someone you trust today may have some sort of life-changing crisis or something and the next thing you know you're getting screwed.

So just don't use F&F. Sellers, don't ask for it. Buyers, don't pay with it.

Besides, the receipt the seller gets from a G&S transaction will have your shipping address, saving you from having to PM it, and they can respond to it with the tracking #... :D

So the whole F&F topic is starting to turn into a dead horse... I wish the exchange would user-adopt a new standard of listing prices as G&S with the fee factored into the pricing. Like in the real world. There have been a few members who've taken the initiative to start that approach, but most listings still just list things F&F. Often you don't even see "or pay the fee" and some may think it's F&F only, though that's not necessarily the case.

I've mentioned before that I pay everything CC then pay off the entire bill each month, so a F&F payment linked to a CC still charges me a fee; there's no advantage to it.

I could also say that, like many here, I'll only F&F a few well known members that I have history with, both in discussion and in business, but that advice really isn't good enough. Carlos was once a reputable seller in good standing, then things changed and he went bad. So you never know; someone you trust today may have some sort of life-changing crisis or something and the next thing you know you're getting screwed.

So just don't use F&F. Sellers, don't ask for it. Buyers, don't pay with it.

Besides, the receipt the seller gets from a G&S transaction will have your shipping address, saving you from having to PM it, and they can respond to it with the tracking #... :D

He was "once a reputable seller in good standing, then things changed and he went bad."

Oakley boss' guidelines even say to request G&S rather than F&F but it doesn't seem to have gained much traction. I can't pay F&F into the US anyway, but even if I could I wouldn't have - it's not that I don't trust the seller, it's just basic prudence.

So the whole F&F topic is starting to turn into a dead horse... I wish the exchange would user-adopt a new standard of listing prices as G&S with the fee factored into the pricing. Like in the real world.
[...]
Another advantage of using a PayPal invoice: if the seller takes the time to write in the invoice a brief description of the item being sold, the invoice provides a double-check that the buyer and seller agree on the item being shipped. My experience is, especially when the seller is doing a lot of business, it's a Really Good Idea to get one last confirmation of what exactly is being purchased.

Another advantage of using a PayPal invoice: if the seller takes the time to write in the invoice a brief description of the item being sold, the invoice provides a double-check that the buyer and seller agree on the item being shipped. My experience is, especially when the seller is doing a lot of business, it's a Really Good Idea to get one last confirmation of what exactly is being purchased.

I have always done that in PM, once a deal is reached make a post repeating exactly what is being sold for how much.

Though having that in a PP invoice helps with PP disputes, for sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back