• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Dealing With Craigslist Sellers

Batwolf

Double Team
Premium Member
Portland, OR
I found an ad on Craigslist for an original Eyepatch I am interested in. I texted the seller and asked if they were still available, he told me they were so I followed up with asking to see some more detailed pictures. He asked why I would need to see anymore pictures, the ad has two ok pictures but I wanted to see some detail of the frame condition and lenses. He never responded when I asked him for that.

How do you guys deal with these situations? I'd hate to waste my time meeting up with him if they are not in the condition I would like them in. I find that many peoples definition of "good" is a lot lower in standards than mine.

if they dont answer back theres not much you can do. this has happened to me twice, i just forget about it and move on!

I've been trying to find original Eyepatch's for awhile now so I really wanted to pick these up, especially since they were local.

I have taken a chance from time to time. For me it just depends how bad I want the item and how far I need to go. How far I need to go is the kicker for me. Too far .........forget it!!
Good luck!!

I'd still meet with him if he's a local. Not too big a waste of time if it's not what you want. Problem now is getting the guy to respond again.

i do the same thing i will meet up with the guy and if they rant in the best shape then offer them less money. sometimes they will take it other times they won't but if it is local then it isn't the biggest waste of time.

Well I guess they're sold now and when I texted him today asking if they were available he said, "No stop texting me damn."

Reply to his ad from a different email account or use the Text Now app which shows a different number if texting. Act like a new guy and ask to meet. If he's local that's even better. I have replied to the same ad the same way and gotten better responses which led to a purchase that would've been otherwise lost.

Yep, the CL sellers are a special breed of weird... They get all sorts of pissy when you ask any questions and expect you to just give them what they are asking without hesitation...

Obviously this isn't all cases but 7 out of 10 times this has been the case for me, if not worse...

I second using a different account and go from there.

Good luck!