• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Dealing With Craigslist Sellers

As a CL seller I would much rather ship something than meet a complete stranger and deal with money. Especially a pair of glasses which can easily be shipped for $5-7 and payment by PayPal. Everyone is protected and no meeting in person.

Wow... What a rude seller.

I have this kid that is local to me that sells two or three pairs a week... Never has boxes or bags.
I always knock a few bucks off his asking price and he's cool with it... I've even re-negotiated price after I've looked at them in person.
He always says they are mint... But when I got there to pick up a pair of Bob Burnquist Gascans the frames were scratched to all heck.

The people that respond back like your guy did I would just respond back that I was willing to meet and pay his price if he was willing to provide better pics... But if thats too much to ask they probably weren't worth it.

As a CL seller I would much rather ship something than meet a complete stranger and deal with money. Especially a pair of glasses which can easily be shipped for $5-7 and payment by PayPal. Everyone is protected and no meeting in person.

I'm about 0 for 10 in asking sellers if they could ship and take PayPal. It seems that most people are scared off when I have asked. I guess it just depends on the seller.

I don't get it either, a lot of the sellers on CL act like I am asking them to drive to my house and hand deliver the items... To me, shipping and accepting PP is so much easier but they act like it is the most inconvenient thing ever asked of them.

Craigslist=shadiest people in the world for whatever reason...

I'm about 0 for 10 in asking sellers if they could ship and take PayPal. It seems that most people are scared off when I have asked. I guess it just depends on the seller.

This is funny. 12 hours later and someone on Craigslist asks if taking PayPal and shipping would be easier for me. And I thought I'd scare them off if I asked for shipping.