• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Dealing With Noob Employees At Stores...

I know what you mean.... The first time I walked into a Vault, and after discussing a bunch of different frames and stuff, I asked about the Shawn White collection and my employee trying to make money on me started to lose all credibility when he started to tell me that Oakley never made a Holbrook in a clear frame w 24k lenses in the SW collection.

I spent nearly $600 that day and just over a month later we made the long trip back down there and I returned 2 of the 4 pairs. I partially wanted to because of how that guy rubbed me the wrong way. When making your paycheck, one needs to know when to start listening instead to talking nonsense.

As far as Oakley stores go (and I think Sunglass Huts also), employees don't make commission so honestly they are just selling to meet their daily quota (not necessary but recommended).

But yes not many employees know or care to know about the product that doesn't come to their store. And most management teams don't do a good job of relating that to their sales team.

We are connosieurs, enthusiasts. This is common not only in the world of Oakleys but in every other universe where people who are deeply interested in something aquire knowledge pretty much beyond even your average salesperson who should know a lot in that field. m5board.com members feels the same when they grill the salesreps at the local BMW-dealership...

I agree with that, but it would be nice if they familiarized themselves with upcoming releases, and I'm not talking about limited editions... It's a small percentage of staff at O stores/vaults, more so at S huts, but it's frustrating still.

I have the exact opposite problems as everyone here. I wish I had cool collector regular customers. :(

Most of the people I talk too at sunglasses hut don't even know the names of the frames. I'll be telling them what I'm looking for and they just ignore me and try selling me a different pair its quite annoying.

The Oakley Vault that I went to seemed to have a lot of females working there. I was thinking that since a lot of men shop there, having a female help you try on a pair of glasses and checking you out in them and giving you advice on how you look etc, may help with sales. I don't know if being a female is what they look for an employee, but I could see how that could possibly help sales. Just a theory as I don't have any market data on that, but I know when I was younger, I may have purchased a thing or two that I might not have, had a friendly girl not been the one selling the item to me.

The Oakley Vault that I went to seemed to have a lot of females working there. I was thinking that since a lot of men shop there, having a female help you try on a pair of glasses and checking you out in them and giving you advice on how you look etc, makes a lot of good business sense.

nothing wrong with that at all, but my guess is they would just wanna make a sale...

Latest Posts

Back