• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Dealing with Oakley

Jon the Don

Pork Chop Express
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Kent, England
Rant time.....

Placed an order with Oakley UK on 16th June 2017 when the Juliet Rubber Kits showed as back in stock.

Got in there quick and ordered four sets to last me a while, along with some replacement Straight lenses.

Today, after hearing nothing for the last 14 days and not receiving delivery of the order I decided to phone customer service to chase the order up.

I was told that there has been a mistake made by the distribution centre in Atlanta and that all orders meant for the U.K and Europe placed around that time aren't being honoured due to the Atlanta Distribution Centre making a series of errors and not fulfilling the orders placed other than U.S orders!!

Apparently Lux senior management stepped in on the 23rd June after this issue became apparent, appointed a new team to deal with this and they are now in the process of "cancelling down" all U.K. and European orders!

I was offered a refund and a Code that entitles me to 20% off my next order.

I have point blank refused that and said I was prepared to see if the order will be fulfilled but was told that they won't ever produce anything for X-Metal ever again and it was only due to them "finding" the kits that they were back in stock so I would be better off taking the refund.

Suffice to say I have told them to keep the order intact until I have had time to process this and consider my next move.

Thoughts please....

Rant time.....

Placed an order with Oakley UK on 16th June 2017 when the Juliet Rubber Kits showed as back in stock.

Got in there quick and ordered four sets to last me a while, along with some replacement Straight lenses.

Today, after hearing nothing for the last 14 days and not receiving delivery of the order I decided to phone customer service to chase the order up.

I was told that there has been a mistake made by the distribution centre in Atlanta and that all orders meant for the U.K and Europe placed around that time aren't being honoured due to the Atlanta Distribution Centre making a series of errors and not fulfilling the orders placed other than U.S orders!!

Apparently Lux senior management stepped in on the 23rd June after this issue became apparent, appointed a new team to deal with this and they are now in the process of "cancelling down" all U.K. and European orders!

I was offered a refund and a Code that entitles me to 20% off my next order.

I have point blank refused that and said I was prepared to see if the order with be fulfilled but was told that they won't ever produce anything for X-Metal ever again and it was only due to them "finding" the kits that they were back in stock so I would be better off taking the refund.

Suffice to say I have told them to keep the order intact until I have had time to process this and consider my next move.

Thoughts please....
They are going to watch you wait and see how pissed off you get while they do this. :gotcha:

So they "found" some kits? Hmmm look at the date on the ones I just got. I mean they could have just made new labels but why?

IMG_4868.JPG

These came from Atlanta. Sorry man :(

Well I'm in the US and mine have been in process since the 21st. I also have lenses in process since the 13th.

Bad times Brother.

I have used some of the information provided by Forum members and have written an Email to the Team Leader of U.K Customers Service to see what her take is on this situation.

Back