• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Dealing with people on Mercari.

Has anyone had a lot of issues lately on Mercari with sellers cancelling? It’s happened to me a few times the past couple weeks. I don’t think Mercari should leave the item up as sold. I think someone is going in and contacting the selling and snaking by offering more, since Mercari seems to be one of the only places left to find a steal on Oakley stuff. I recently had someone try and snake a deal on OfferUp a few weeks ago too.
A bunch. Had multiple orders (within the past couple months) for AP laptop bags. Each one was different. Sellers never sent a message, never even shipped them out. Currently waiting for tracking to be updated (if the seller even ships them out) for a pair of “new” straight jackets off of OfferUp. Been having issues with sellers on there as of recently also.

A bunch. Had multiple orders (within the past couple months) for AP laptop bags. Each one was different. Sellers never sent a message, never even shipped them out. Currently waiting for tracking to be updated (if the seller even ships them out) for a pair of “new” straight jackets off of OfferUp. Been having issues with sellers on there as of recently also.

Yeah, I typically don’t have things shipped through OfferUp just because there are so many flakes on there, and I think a lot of people accidentally include shipping as an option and don’t realize it. I just do local pick up for those. But someone on OfferUp had offered the seller more as I was on my way to pick it up. Luckily she let me match his offer. But a steal of a deal turned into just a pretty good deal thanks to whoever that guy was.

Mercari sellers lately have been listing something at a really good deal. I’ll buy it within a few minutes of them posting it, then within 30 min they cancel.

If Wish was on meth and impregnated a drunk Craigslist, you'd get Mercari...

I'd rather trust Trump to sell 100 sets of my Juliet Rubbers...

I know this is mostly a Mercari thread but didn’t want to start a new thread just for this. It is so infuriating dealing with the people on OfferUp sometimes. The only reason I still use it is because there are still about 51% of good buyers/sellers there. But the other 49% are so annoying, they are either trying to lowball you or completely ignore what you just said. My example below:
3FB36533-2025-4E1C-B047-4826620A5550.jpeg

I know this is mostly a Mercari thread but didn’t want to start a new thread just for this. It is so infuriating dealing with the people on OfferUp sometimes. The only reason I still use it is because there are still about 51% of good buyers/sellers there. But the other 49% are so annoying, they are either trying to lowball you or completely ignore what you just said. My example below:
View attachment 784517
They could not buy the tool bag.....and be able to pay your asking price :)

Back