• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

"Dear Oakley, This Is What I Want . . . . "

the poor among us would have a hard time ..as it is I'd have more Flaks if I didn't have to pay for case which BTW I don't even like for them and have unloaded 3 out of 4 cases I have
oops- sorry for negativity Edit- Minute 3.0 SAME fit new look new color ways, SJ 3 Same fit diff color ways, Some color combos that come stock and are in the middle between what people think is boring and crazy...minutes with Pos red, Midnight Blue SJ, Rust returns as color for frame...Pit Bull Smalls, Slate in a couple more frames...nothing really "over the top" just different with familiar fit. The return of large soft vault. Splice 2 that doesn't peel on FMJ/Chrome part Thirtys...something like old Twenty in boatload of color ways from Grey lens to Violet and all kinds in between.

Oops. I'd intended this thread to have a bit more of a positive air - more of a light-hearted 'what do we want to see' thread.
:sad:

Dear Oakley-

Bring back something cool ie the OTT, Romeo 1, anything that made you who you were. how about another medusa? how about taking Oakley back to the good old days?

At the risk of sounding philosophical, maybe it's because they don't want to. I run a business, I have customers who buy the service I provide from me. Most of the time they come back and I'm happy they do, and I'm happy to work with them again but, sometimes, I just don't wanna. So I turn them down. Yes, I'm turning down money, and yes they may think "Sod it, I'm not going to buy from him again" and yes it may frustrate them and they can't understand why I would turn down work and money but it's my business, I run it how I want, and I have the luxury of being able to say no. Sometimes it's even nicer to be able to say no than yes.

For Oakley this may just mean that it's not in their vision to do some of the things we want. Just because money could be made from doing it, doesn't necessarily mean it should be done.
I'm not sure what line of business you're in (and I don't want to know) but most companies are in business to make money. I have no doubt Chrome and 24k would be huge sellers for every model they make. So that one really doesn't make sense to me at all.

As far as the Romeo goes, it's another moneymaker just waiting for them to be exploited. I understand wanting to create something that might be a little more exclusive but it doesn't make sense to me that they stopped producing a line of shades that people are interested in buying right now. There is a window of opportunity to make serious cash for them and as a business person (though not owner) myself, I can't really understand why they wouldn't try to take advantage of this.

The ONLY reason I could see them not re-releasing the Romeo1 is because of the lens problems they had. I can't imagine thought that this minor problem would be all that hard to fix. At the very least, if they insisted on making some minor changes to solve the lens problem, I'd try to copy the original design as closely as possible and release them as Romeo3s.

The Romeos have been discontinued for years and people still talk about them and ask how to get them. Their customers are asking them for this and Oakley is missing out.

I'm not sure what line of business you're in (and I don't want to know) but most companies are in business to make money. I have no doubt Chrome and 24k would be huge sellers for every model they make. So that one really doesn't make sense to me at all.

Of course I'm in business to make money. But what I'm saying is me, and maybe even Oakley, are happy with the way things are now and not interested in growth and making more money. I'm making good money at a comfortable work level. I'm, and again maybe Oakley, am quite comfortable with where I am and don't feel the need to stretch any further. Just because I could make more money doesn't mean I have to, especially when greed has already caused too many downfalls.

Back