• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

'DECIDED' =] (Formerly: "If you could have one Oakley watch")

MJLSr

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
If you had to choose - which one? Why?

Not just for a DD, but is one more collectible than the other? How does it fit? On you and with the collection?

For me it would have to scream 'Metal', so Titanium fits nicely here - +/- CF, of course... Based on what is currently available I am thinking a Hollow Point or Minute Machine [presume TB2 is not an option]. Thinking about the possible neighbors in the cab I prefer an oval/rounded face personally, so the HP over the MM for me... Thoughts?

Personally I have a little trouble with some of the 4-digit retail prices of Oakley watches with quartz movements. In that price range I'd expect a nice automatic movement (not Kinetic but proper auto mechanical). So that means the TB2 with its ETA 2824-2 movement.

But otherwise within the quartz movement lines the MM was the one that first caught my attention, but then the 12 Gauge really grew on me. But then I realized the most appealing is really the HP - the band is reminiscent of the MM but with the round face (our tastes seem to line up here as well as with Juliets) and an overall nice rugged look.

So, if only they put out a watch similar to the HP but with a nice auto mechanical movement... maybe up the ETA movement from 2824-2 to COSC-certified Chronometer grade Valjoux 7750... and heck, just for sh!ts and grins, it'd be cool if you could convert it to a pocket watch... Now that would be a grail-worthy watch! Why, oh why can't Oakley produce a watch like that?!?!? ;)

So, if only they put out a watch similar to the HP but with a nice auto mechanical movement... maybe up the ETA movement from 2824-2 to COSC-certified Chronometer grade Valjoux 7750... and heck, just for sh!ts and grins, it'd be cool if you could convert it to a pocket watch... Now that would be a grail-worthy watch! Why, oh why can't Oakley produce a watch like that?!?!? ;)

See FMJ

If I had to choose something current, the Hollow Point with the white face would be my pick. It's classy but bold and definitely makes a statement. However, taking the price tag into account, might be prohibitively expensive. However, the stealth black Killswitch is a fantastic looking timepiece. I have had the opportunity to wear it and it is by far the most comfortable model I've worn in years. I'm also a fan of the 12 gauge for looks, but definitely not the most comfortable to wear all day, in my opinion.

Always a 12 Gauge. Only issue is the blue dial version doesn't have the stainless steel/carbon fiber bracelet band. I do like the titanium version too.

I'm not a MM fan, but the red dial looks ok. The polished one with blue dials looks nice though and wouldn't mind that in the collection.

i got myself a 12 gauge black with band. It really looks nice. But personally I think the hollow point or the timebomb 2 would be awesowe aesthetic wise.. I am not really that knowleadgable or concerned about the movement and stuff.. lol...

Back