• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Deciding which donor lenses

I think I have Turbine and Gibston lenses at Home.
I can lay the two Lenses on top of each other and take a picture for you.
Latest Friday.
Yeah that would be great, taking a trip to the vault this weekend to get the frames and donor lenses.

Here the two Lenses.
Bottom Turbine
Top Gibston

As you can see the Turbine could a donor.
You may loose part or all of the Pol. Lettering

925492D8-ADC0-43A8-879F-FB9393BD42C3.jpeg

BE3AB87D-0EA9-4635-A68F-E7EF6F009F93.jpeg

23A46875-9D98-4651-9A95-799EAA014DF1.jpeg

Last edited:
According to my research, Turbine could be a donor.
A Turbin Lens is 65x44mm with a BC of 8.
A Gibston Lens is 60x38mm with a BC of 8.
Turbine is a Toric base curve idk exactly what that means but it isn’t 8.75 or 8 it’s flatter than that

I have a set of Gibston Prizm Sapphire Iridium Polarized as donor for one of my X-Metal.
Which frame did these work for? I really want Prizm Violet Polar in either my XX or XS.

Turbine is a Toric base curve idk exactly what that means but it isn’t 8.75 or 8 it’s flatter than that
The way @Chris A Hardaway explained it to me quite some time ago is Toric is more an oval than a round lense. The good part is they work for x metal frames *if* they are large enough. Turbine is more like a 7.25 ellipsoid BC.

The only downside to toric is if you mount/unmount a lot or not carefully, they are more prone to mounting marks/chips on the edge since the frames are 8.75. My favorite donors ever in my X metal XX were toric Ruby Prizm Polar lenses he cut.

Which frame did these work for? I really want Prizm Violet Polar in either my XX or XS.

The way @Chris A Hardaway explained it to me quite some time ago is Toric is more an oval than a round lense. The good part is they work for x metal frames *if* they are large enough. Turbine is more like a 7.25 ellipsoid BC.

The only downside to toric is if you mount/unmount a lot or not carefully, they are more prone to mounting marks/chips on the edge since the frames are 8.75. My favorite donors ever in my X metal XX were toric Ruby Prizm Polar lenses he cut.
I used them for a X-Squared or Hatchet.
Don‘t remember.

Latest Posts

Back