• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Deep and Shallow Water Prizm - May 1st Release

Hi guys, new poster

I've been looking at the Shallow Water Prizms for months now being I fish south louisiana. Does anyone know if there are any chance Prizms will be made for the Offshoots or Turbine Rotors? Or are those two styles on the way out? Hoping there will be more of a selection for shallow water prizms in the future.
Offshoot is dead in the water.
If you want Shallow water prizms now, maybe take a look at the Turbine (Frames and lenses are available on the Oakley site now).

I actually forgot to respond from Frank's tag, but for anyone else that maybe considering the SWP or DWP I'll give my little review. I have done a good bit of fishing with both, and I have resorted to the DWP for all of my fishing now. The SWP is just too light of a tint for me and I have to squint non-stop when I wear them. I also found that I prefer the DWP in shallow water as well as deep water. Lakes, rivers, the ocean, it doesn't matter. I can always see into the water better with the DWP. Before the Prizm lenses were released I was mostly fishing with Ice Iridium Polar, and still feel that is a better lens than the SWP, but that is me and others might have different experiences. The DWP lens is money for any type of fishing that I have tried them in, and it kicks ass. When I have family or friends fishing close by that aren't wearing any and I can see the fish all swimming around in the water they have to take a look through the lenses, and they are shocked to be able to see into the water. I've sold a few sets of lenses for Oakley :cool-33:. Happy fishing folks!

I actually forgot to respond from Frank's tag, but for anyone else that maybe considering the SWP or DWP I'll give my little review. I have done a good bit of fishing with both, and I have resorted to the DWP for all of my fishing now. The SWP is just too light of a tint for me and I have to squint non-stop when I wear them. I also found that I prefer the DWP in shallow water as well as deep water. Lakes, rivers, the ocean, it doesn't matter. I can always see into the water better with the DWP. Before the Prizm lenses were released I was mostly fishing with Ice Iridium Polar, and still feel that is a better lens than the SWP, but that is me and others might have different experiences. The DWP lens is money for any type of fishing that I have tried them in, and it kicks ass. When I have family or friends fishing close by that aren't wearing any and I can see the fish all swimming around in the water they have to take a look through the lenses, and they are shocked to be able to see into the water. I've sold a few sets of lenses for Oakley :cool-33:. Happy fishing folks!

I agree. I also got a good friend of mine "sponsored" by Oakley as he is a fishing guide who runs the Indian River in FL for Trout, Reds, Snook etc and even though the river is shallow 3-10 feet and brown/greenish he wears the DWP and said it was a total game changer for him and that he had never ever been able to see the fish so clear and deep before in all the years fishing and wearing other brands.

Hi. How do you clean Prizm Deep Water lenses? Is it safe to use dish soap? I´ve always cleaned my Antix Tungsten Iridium Polarized lenses with dish soap/detergent and I´ve never had a problem. But recently I bought an Oakley Offshoot (not polarized and not iridium) and the lenses got damaged cleaning with it. Now I bought this Prizm Deep Water and I´m worried about cleaning my new glasses/lenses with dish soap and damage the lenses.

Hi. How do you clean Prizm Deep Water lenses? Is it safe to use dish soap? I´ve always cleaned my Antix Tungsten Iridium Polarized lenses with dish soap/detergent and I´ve never had a problem. But recently I bought an Oakley Offshoot (not polarized and not iridium) and the lenses got damaged cleaning with it. Now I bought this Prizm Deep Water and I´m worried about cleaning my new glasses/lenses with dish soap and damage the lenses.
Welcome to the forum

You could always read the cleaning your glasses thread.

Ya know what. Here's the link. Super easy to find.

How To Properly Clean Your Oakley Glasses

The veterans on this board are more strict as to cleaning. But you should use the Oakley spray cleaning kit most of the time. (available at all Oakley stores and website) Although when things get really caked on and covered in alot of dirt, a good wash with dish soap once in a long while, only as needed might be in order.
Oakleys are extremely prone to scratching. And mirrored coatings like on the Prizm Deep even more prone to scratching. Plus these coatings can peel or bubble with the wrong chemicals.
So try to stick to the oakley cleaning kit.

Thank guys. I´ve really read a lot before post here, believe me. But I asked here to know the real experiences about using the dish soap, if anyone had already problems using it. Because as I said, I´ve never had any problems in my Antix Iridium, but I had problems in the Offshoot lenses that are not iridium and not polarized, wich shoud be more safe to use the dish soap. Maybe the lenses were not original...

Back