• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Deep and Shallow Water Prizm - May 1st Release

Thank guys. I´ve really read a lot before post here, believe me. But I asked here to know the real experiences about using the dish soap, if anyone had already problems using it. Because as I said, I´ve never had any problems in my Antix Iridium, but I had problems in the Offshoot lenses that are not iridium and not polarized, wich shoud be more safe to use the dish soap. Maybe the lenses were not original...

I have some Offshots and Antix as well. Never had a problem using dish soap for the occasional cleaning (when sweating a lot or of wearing with hair products).

I have some Offshots and Antix as well. Never had a problem using dish soap for the occasional cleaning (when sweating a lot or of wearing with hair products).

Maybe the dish soap I used is too abrasive... :/

Maybe the dish soap I used is too abrasive... :/

coming from an automotive cleaning background you only ever use dish soap if you are going to immediately do paint correction and sealer again right after. it strips everything, yea it's abrasive.

coming from an automotive cleaning background you only ever use dish soap if you are going to immediately do paint correction and sealer again right after. it strips everything, yea it's abrasive.

So, I guess some lenses are more resistant than others. I had the same problem with replacement lenses (VL).

Instead of taking shortcuts, just use the recommended Oakley lens cleaner and then don't worry about it. It's not expensive, they give free refills, and you're not having to learn the hard way what works and what doesn't. If you're going to dish out the $$ for Oaks, might as well treat them properly. I mean, what do you really gain by using dish soap instead?

Instead of taking shortcuts, just use the recommended Oakley lens cleaner and then don't worry about it. It's not expensive, they give free refills, and you're not having to learn the hard way what works and what doesn't. If you're going to dish out the $$ for Oaks, might as well treat them properly. I mean, what do you really gain by using dish soap instead?

Yeah, you are right! It´s because I live in Brazil and I´ve never tryed Oakley lens cleaner. We don´t have free refills here, but I´ll buy one and test it. Just one doubt: I´m not supposed to use the one that sais "not for use on anti frog treated lenses", right?

Also, I use the glasses for fishing, so it gets dirty with sunscreen and salt water, and I am not sure if the lens cleaner will clean it 100% in this case.

If they are really oily (sunscreen etc.) mild dish soap is actually better than lens cleaner. Been using it on dirty lenses for 20+ years with no issues.

If they are really oily (sunscreen etc.) mild dish soap is actually better than lens cleaner. Been using it on dirty lenses for 20+ years with no issues.

That´s what I´m talking about! Maybe I have to buy another brand of dish soap. Actually not me, my wife.. :)

Yeah, you are right! It´s because I live in Brazil and I´ve never tryed Oakley lens cleaner. We don´t have free refills here, but I´ll buy one and test it. Just one doubt: I´m not supposed to use the one that sais "not for use on anti frog treated lenses", right?

Anyone? "I´m not supposed to use the one that sais "not for use on anti frog treated lenses", right?"

Back