• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Deep and Shallow Water Prizm - May 1st Release

I'm screwed then, if there polarized retail is 150 dollars most likely, guess I'm have new beach, jet ski, fishing lens I have to buy.

Ditto - I wish these had come out six months ago; I would have bought them instead of some other stuff...

But good question, what will be the price point on replacement lenses?

I just did a quick comparison of the MSRPs of existing polar colorways (complete frame+lens) vs. the MSRPs listed for the May 1st release on the first page of this thread.

It looks like a $30 markup over regular polar (the exception was radar path, only a $20 markup). If that remains true for replacement lenses, you're looking at maybe $160 for radarlock path? $10 more than Daily?

Here's the details:
Polar radar pitch $270, Radar Pitch Pol Blk w/ Prizm Deep H20 Pol $290, $20 markup
FlakJacket XLJ polar $210, FlakJacket XLJ Pol Black w/ Prizm Deep H20 Pol $240, $30 markup
Valve polar $200, Valve Pol Blk w/Prizm Deep H20 Pol $230, $30 markup
Turbine polar $200,Turbine Pol Blk w/Prizm Shallow H20 Pol $230 /Turbine Pol Blck w/Prizm Deep H20 Pol $230, $30 markup

Radarlock path replacement lenses:
Non-polar, no iridium $60
Non-polar, iridium $80
Polar iridium $130
non-polar Prizm iridium $100
Daily prizm (polar, questionable non-iridium) $150
Prizm water $160? Because of better iridium? or $150 like Daily?

I have been waiting with anticipation for the release of the Prizm Deep Blue lenses. I already have a pair of Polarized Deep Blue Straight Jackets which I love but I had to get my hands on a pair with the Prizm technology added to the mix. I love the beach so these lenses are perfect for me. So last night I went ahead and ordered the Prizm Deep Polarized Flak Jacket. I am very excited because the Flak Jackets are one my favorite frames and now I will have a pair with Deep Blue lenses and Prizm technology. The best of both worlds. For me it does not get any better than that. Now I will be waiting with excitement for that package to arrive in the mail. I am sure I am not the only one here who feels like a kid on Christmas day when that package with new Oakleys arrives in the mail. :)

I saw them already available at my local Vault on Friday. I didn't look at them but will next time.

Back