• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Deep Blue Iridium Polarized - I'm Impressed!

discodave

Go Navy!
I picked up a set of Deep Blue Iridium Polarized lenses for my Flak Jackets today. I'm very impressed!

For those who aren't familiar with this shade (I wasn't until today), it's blue with hints of green and purple. Great lens!

It's hard to capture in photos but here you can see the different variations based on light.

5a8aze8a.jpg

3a4e5yze.jpg

natu3yza.jpg

a7evaty2.jpg

a6a7a6az.jpg

taseqypy.jpg

uzy7ada5.jpg

9a6a4abe.jpg

Nice - I've been planning on deep blue custom cuts for Mars but haven't had that color in my own hands before, your nice pics help.

They look awesome. Does the fact they're designed for deep water fishing cause any issues with vision or depth perception in normal instances? Or how do these differ from regular polarized lenses?

They look awesome. Does the fact they're designed for deep water fishing cause any issues with vision or depth perception in normal instances? Or how do these differ from regular polarized lenses?

Though I don't yet have deep blue, I did just get a pair of shallow blue and they're in the same "water / fishing specific" category - by my understanding, the only difference is they're optimized to remove glare from the water surface so you can see deeper under the surface. They shouldn't cause any issues with everyday use. My shallow blues have been just fine.

Though I don't yet have deep blue, I did just get a pair of shallow blue and they're in the same "water / fishing specific" category - by my understanding, the only difference is they're optimized to remove glare from the water surface so you can see deeper under the surface. They shouldn't cause any issues with everyday use. My shallow blues have been just fine.
So is there any clarification on how either differs from regular polarized? Or how shallow water blue differs from deep water blue?

Ok, so here's Oakley's lens description of Deep Blue Polarized:

"Oakley polarization eliminates the blinding rays of glare with greater than 99% efficiency, and our manufacturing technique eliminates the haze and visual distortion that comes with ordinary polarized lenses. In addition to filtering out 100% of all UV, Oakley DEEP BLUE™ lenses carve out as much blue light as possible to increase visual acuity and alleviate the eye-straining effect of harsh wavelengths. They also boost contrast and depth perception so you’ll have a more accurate view of the trophy pursuing your lure. With all that technology, your only problem is figuring out what to do after you’ve landed the day’s limit."

And their comparison of the two:

"Choose between two performance options. The first is our DEEP BLUE IRIDIUM POLARIZED lens, perfect for the combination of bright sun and deep water where you need distinct color recognition to spot the action down below. When the water isn't as deep, take advantage of the enhanced contrast of our SHALLOW BLUE IRIDIUM POLARIZED lens to optimize depth perception and take the hook to the fish. "