• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Deep Water Prizm Polarized for everyday driving?

AZOakley

Oakley Beginner
Hi there... On a whim I bought a pair of Flak Jacket 2.0 Deep Water Prizms (polarized) while on vacation. I live in Phoenix with a lot of sun. The salesperson knew nothing about Oakleys, but I bought them at Sunglass Hut so they are really good with exchanges/returns.

Looking for any helpful advice.
1. I love the Flak Jacket 2.0's and will stick with that frame.
2. I love the look of the Deep Water lens - I prefer a reflective lens where it's difficult for others to see your eyes.

I guess when I looked into it a little more I found out these lenses are really designed more for boating - I intend to use them primarily for driving. In Phoenix we usually have a lot of sun. So my question is... does anyone use the Deep Water Prizms for daily driving? So far no issues but I wanted opinions If there might be another lens you'd recommend more for daily driving. Only requirements would be that they fit into Flak Jacket 2.0 and they have a reflective coating that hides your eyes.

Thanks for your feedback!

I wear them a lot in my Flak 2.0, but haven't taken them near water yet. Every day use, including a few one hour trips. Work great.

Any darker tint will be good for you with an the driving and bright sun. Daily Polarized would be another great option. VR28 Black Polarized, Black Iridium or polarized, Ice, etc all would work.

It should work great for driving in bright light. Afaik it is the darkest Prizm lens and should be a great in Phoenix. Most people who use it here don't use it for fishing, but for every day use ;) It is also a beautiful lens :cool:

Always always buy first and ask questions later is what I always say. :p

Welcome to the forum.

The posts above mine pretty much covered it all.

If you actually are happy with them just keep them.

Everyone, thanks so much for the replies! This is a great forum.

I agree, the Deep Water Prizm is just an awesome looking lens... which is pretty much why I bought them, as it's hard to really test sunglasses in the mall. ;) I really like the Flak 2.0's as well, they are super comfortable.

I bought them while on vacation in Canada with the family and like I said the salesperson flat out told me he knew nothing about Oakleys. So yeah, I bought first and did my research later, but I figured:

A. I'm on vacation
B. Father's Day is coming up :cool:

So far no complaints so I'm 99% sure I will be keeping these, but it's always nice to hear the opinions of others. Cheers!

I wear the flak 2.0s with the dwp for driving here in buffalo on sunny days. I love the vr28 bip lenses and the dwp is almost a dead on version of those in tint and transmission in my opinion. So I would recommend them in Phoenix.

I wouldn't follow these specialized lens choices that closely to a T.

Now some probably should be left to what the label says like Prizm Outfield/Infield or Golf.

If you didn't care for some eye view, the Prizm TR22 lens is really good for bright driving though they don't come polarized.

Most golf lenses are great of use on snow in overcast conditions. I haven't tried the Prizms, but I think they should do fine.

Back