• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Delamination and prizm lenses

Personally I wash my frame and lenses daily when I get home. I use cold water and if I sweat a lot, Ill use the smallest drop of handsoap. I frequently swap lenses and haven’t had any issues yet. I’ve been doing this for a few years now and I have to say all my sunglasses are in mint condition. My older lenses that I didn’t clean daily did wear and delam.

I am starting to think I can't have had the lenses seated right in the frame and that caused the scratches

Was working in the same lab sitting next to guy developing Prizm back in the day. Prizm uses the same materials & processes as normal. Prizm just uses different color dyes & tints to optimize for certain colors, light levels, conditions, & environments. Basically, makes some colors easier to see, while reducing others.

So I emailed customer service about the lenses and got a reply back this morning.
They are was going to send me a replacement for the lenses but seeing as they are out of stock they have said I can have a full custom frame and lenses as a replacement.
Not bad customer service if you ask me.

Was working in the same lab sitting next to guy developing Prizm back in the day. Prizm uses the same materials & processes as normal. Prizm just uses different color dyes & tints to optimize for certain colors, light levels, conditions, & environments. Basically, makes some colors easier to see, while reducing others.
This man is correct!

Back