• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Delamination, right now!?!?

LBlack14

I should Work at Oakley
Mason, Ohio
Bought these Plantiff Squares in the exchange several months ago and aside from a trip to the store haven't worn them at all and kinda forgot I had them. When I bought them @Rick58 noticed that there was some minor delamination around the edges (great eye) and the seller did knock a few bucks off because of it, so I bought them anyway. Today I had a funeral to go and wanted to wear some a little more dressy, these were my choice. I was outside at the funeral home, maybe 15 minutes and again at the grave site for another 15-20 minutes. I pulled them off in the car prior to heading home and this is what I got.

Is this common and if so, what causes it? Anything Oakley will do about it? My pair of 10s did the same thing, but I wore the hell outta them, at work and more.

Thanks in advance.

KIMG1969.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided today, I really like these frames, so I'm gonna have to find me some lenses. Any suggestions that won't break the bank? Looking for the same type, black iridium, non polarized.

Thanks folks.

If they already started delamination before you got them, I think there was no hope. Whatever chemicals or oils causes it was already under the surface deteriorating the bond. Could have been hair product, body oils or sweat from the previous owner that were not cleaned off right away after wearing. Could also just have been bad production, who knows! Baquacil treated pool water ruined my PB1 lenses, and that stuff is supposed to be like drinking water; safe for everything!

Fuse makes Plaintiff lenses.
Like @Lopaka KaMars said Fuse makes them. Revant also makes lenses for those. I've used both. Just keep in mind the fit for aftermarket wire frame lenses can be hit or miss.

I had a pair of Monster pups do this to me a few years ago. In my case the entire coating came off so they were actually still usable. I've also heard of people using tape to peel off the remaining coating and still use them if they don't care much about them. Never done that myself though.

Y'all know what's weird? While the inside looks horrible in the day and at certain angles, you can't see it from the outside and it doesn't seem to affect the vision.😳🤔

I am gonna get me some new lenses though. Fuse or Revant, which is preferred? I've used Seek Optics several times, myself, but don't care to try better quality replacements.

KIMG1982.JPG
KIMG1987.JPG
KIMG1984.JPG
KIMG1985.JPG
KIMG1986.JPG

Back