• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

delete Please

David halstead

Oakley Expert
Cleburne, TX
I won’t post the pictures publicly, out of respect to the seller, (he may or may not know himself) I have questions on the frame and the story I was given. If anyone knowledgeable is willing to verify if this pair of R1’s are legit, via PM until we figure it out, I’d much appreciate that.

Well sh*t, It wasn’t/isn’t a dumb thread in my opinion. I’ll feed the wolves I guess. I’m no expert. The frames just look a bit off. Maybe it’s the light, etc... I don’t know. Clearly the rubbers and lenses are aftermarket. Not too concerned there. But to me (again, I’m no expert. Just looking to be further educated) the frame appears to be misshaped/not correct shape/curvature as an OEM frame. Anything helps. Thanks

Well sh*t, It wasn’t/isn’t a dumb thread in my opinion. I’ll feed the wolves I guess. I’m no expert. The frames just look a bit off. Maybe it’s the light, etc... I don’t know. Clearly the rubbers and lenses are aftermarket. Not too concerned there. But to me (again, I’m no expert. Just looking to be further educated) the frame appears to be misshaped/not correct shape/curvature as an OEM frame. Anything helps. Thanks
Fakes are usually really squared from what I have seen. The screws and the holes are usually a big dead give away in size and the type of screw heads.

The Pics I have

F9722542-1436-4A01-A497-BBDD18B2D7A5.png

6A50EBB2-BD29-48C9-AF2B-BCE58C039533.png

55F86295-E17F-4B60-B399-45BB86E632B2.png

11474120-996B-40B3-8D03-B7C6E857098A.png

Back