• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Deleted posts/threads -- notification/reason

iamFLIP

Unretired
Maybe a year ago, I remember having one of my posts was deleted by a MOD and I got a notification about the deletion with an optional reason why the deletion was made/warranted. The reason given was blank so I assume that part is optional and not necessary to justify what was done. Anyway, I noticed lately that few of my posts were deleted and no longer notified about it.

Is there a setting in my profile that needs to be changed to get those notifications? Or was the forum changed as a whole and those notifications are no longer available?

I had one of my posts changed by a Mod when I used a self-deprecating word which was a derogatory nickname a friend gave me. I didn't get a notification either, which of course, is fine!! But it did make me wonder how many other posts of mine have been deleted or adjusted!!! Hopefully not too many.

To my understanding if the optional reason section is filled out it does not tell the person who it's sent to which mod filled it out. I have made it a point to fill out the reason and add my name into it so at least the posts I change will know who and why.

Perhaps the other mods could follow suit.

To my understanding if the optional reason section is filled out it does not tell the person who it's sent to which mod filled it out. I have made it a point to fill out the reason and add my name into it so at least the posts I change will know who and why.

Perhaps the other mods could follow suit.
And that's how I know it was never Ecko that deleted or modified my posts.

Thank you @Ecko thats the transparency I like. People can't be expected to know what they did wrong if they're not told!

... I have made it a point to fill out the reason and add my name into it so at least the posts I change will know who and why...

Thanks for doing that, @Ecko! That surely will help explain why a change/deletion is needed.

I as well try to leave a description for deletion.. FYI I've not deleted anything from @iamFLIP , @SiRacer420 or @cacatman

Most of the stuff I delete is usually stuff that's in the wrong place or like an exchange issue. 48h kinda deal.. there is a member here that helps with a ton of reports so it makes my job easy.. I have since let swearing go lol ;);)

My ignore list is bigger than it used to be so that has helped too. If folks are upset about something they will report it and will be taken care of the next time I'm online..

Remember this also we are all human and perhaps the post was reported and a Mod just had to take care of it in a rush.. I know that feeling.. All the staff trys really hard to help. ( no pay, no bonus' , no free membership. ) just to assist out of the kindness of our hearts.. I hope all of you realise that.. Plus there are not as many of us anymore so it makes it that much busier.

Brian

Since you and Ecko were the only two that ever chimed in on my who mods what section thread, I assumed that was the case. We do appreciate y'all, at least the majority of us do!

I as well try to leave a description for deletion.. FYI I've not deleted anything from @iamFLIP , @SiRacer420 or @cacatman

Most of the stuff I delete is usually stuff that's in the wrong place or like an exchange issue. 48h kinda deal.. there is a member here that helps with a ton of reports so it makes my job easy.. I have since let swearing go lol ;);)

My ignore list is bigger than it used to be so that has helped too. If folks are upset about something they will report it and will be taken care of the next time I'm online..

Remember this also we are all human and perhaps the post was reported and a Mod just had to take care of it in a rush.. I know that feeling.. All the staff trys really hard to help. ( no pay, no bonus' , no free membership. ) just to assist out of the kindness of our hearts.. I hope all of you realise that.. Plus there are not as many of us anymore so it makes it that much busier.

Brian

My sincere thanks to you Brian and @Ecko for chiming in and much more for the service you both provide to this community.

I wish more could be clarified but I am not not notified when a mod other than my self makes a decision to remove or edit a post. It is up to them to let the person know, although that is at thier discretion. I will continue to sign off on posts that I have to edit/remove.

Latest Posts

Back