• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Deleted posts/threads -- notification/reason

I've said this yesterday in that trade thread, but I'll quote it here.
Tell us how you really feel.

I'm more irked by the groaning about threads disappearing; this is not directed at @Orion, who is relatively new. Anyone who has been on here with any frequency over the last 6 months is aware of this and the problem has not and, likely, will not be fixed. The forum is owned by one (AFAIK) and that one has ultimate control over what content stays and what doesn't. The one is accountable to none; if no explanation has been provided, none will be.

It's a pity that the mods' hands are tied but it is what it is. Thanks to yall for doing such a thankless job.

Maybe a year ago, I remember having one of my posts was deleted by a MOD and I got a notification about the deletion with an optional reason why the deletion was made/warranted. The reason given was blank so I assume that part is optional and not necessary to justify what was done. Anyway, I noticed lately that few of my posts were deleted and no longer notified about it.

Is there a setting in my profile that needs to be changed to get those notifications? Or was the forum changed as a whole and those notifications are no longer available?

This is a great call out and believe it should be necessary - I'll look into switching this to a required field!

Back