• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Desperately need inputs on minute machine.

Oneninesixtwo

Oakley Beginner
Hi everyone i'm relative new to the game. I'm looking to get my first Oakley watch. I'm eyeing a minute machine (time tank). What are the Pros and Cons? and how much are they selling for lately? are there variants of such.?

Thank you in advance.

Hi,
It's a battery run Chronograph so are not really any issues with the movement. The Bracelet Clasps can wear so make sure on anything you buy that it fastens with a nice firm click.
There are as you know various face colours. I have Black with Silver Subdials, My only gripe is if you use the Chrono much the Minute hand is difficult to make out against the face.
The Mk2 has a different way of Logo positioning, The "Oakley" and the "Swiss made" are separated & look imho better. However most MM that come up for sale in my experience are the Mk1 version(which is what I have)

All in all a good watch though.

Be prepared to pay a premium but once you have one, you will not regret it. I would always go for a ti bracelet as opposed to a rubber or leather one due to longevity/durability.
For the sake of an extra $100, I would also buy a replacement movement to ensure ensure a future life for your watch should something happen (although i have never heard of any issues with these).

If you buy a ti bracelet model, always close the clasp with the clasp buttons depressed (as if opening) and not 'snapping' shut as this will minimise wear on the mechanism which has been an issue with these.

Good luck in your search...

Hi,
It's a battery run Chronograph so are not really any issues with the movement. The Bracelet Clasps can wear so make sure on anything you buy that it fastens with a nice firm click.
There are as you know various face colours. I have Black with Silver Subdials, My only gripe is if you use the Chrono much the Minute hand is difficult to make out against the face.
The Mk2 has a different way of Logo positioning, The "Oakley" and the "Swiss made" are separated & look imho better. However most MM that come up for sale in my experience are the Mk1 version(which is what I have)

All in all a good watch though.
That mk1 and mk2 is what i'm so confused of. are they basically the same mechanical wise? and is the mk2 pricier than the other?

Be prepared to pay a premium but once you have one, you will not regret it. I would always go for a ti bracelet as opposed to a rubber or leather one due to longevity/durability.
For the sake of an extra $100, I would also buy a replacement movement to ensure ensure a future life for your watch should something happen (although i have never heard of any issues with these).

If you buy a ti bracelet model, always close the clasp with the clasp buttons depressed (as if opening) and not 'snapping' shut as this will minimise wear on the mechanism which has been an issue with these.

emoji41.png
[emoji10Than

The only reason why i have not yet bought any Oakley watches for myself is i know to myself when start i will not be able to stop til i get them all. and wifey would prolly kick me out of the house.

Cheers mate really appreciate your advice.

I've owned a lot of different Oak watches, but not all models by any means.
The MM is my overall fav Oak watch, and my daily wearer is one as well....
I've got the black and sliver faces.
Definitely get the Ti bracelet if that is something you are considering.
I have worn out the clasp on my daily but it catches abuse and it still lasted for many years before failing. Nice that we have members here that can hook us up with parts when we need them.
I don't get too hung up on whether it's a first or second gen myself.....
You will see some solid MM deals here on the OF from time to time...
Better to purchase here on the OF when you can rather than going out into the Bay for several reasons.
Good luck!

I've owned a lot of different Oak watches, but not all models by any means.
The MM is my overall fav Oak watch, and my daily wearer is one as well....
I've got the black and sliver faces.
Definitely get the Ti bracelet if that is something you are considering.
I have worn out the clasp on my daily but it catches abuse and it still lasted for many years before failing. Nice that we have members here that can hook us up with parts when we need them.
I don't get too hung up on whether it's a first or second gen myself.....
You will see some solid MM deals here on the OF from time to time...
Better to purchase here on the OF when you can rather than going out into the Bay for several reasons.
Good luck!
Good to hear, the MM is the one I'm interested in the most. Possibly a Judge, don't care too much for the others. Both in Copper for my first go around.