• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Det Cord SI with Prescription Lenses?

nocheese4u

Oakley Beginner
I was looking for some safety glasses to get a prescription in that didn't look like goofy moped driver goggles. I saw the Det Cords and thought sweet that is the one! I check to make sure that they could get prescription lenses put in them. I find some places will some places won't. I took them to a couple local places till I find one that said they could. Turns into a huge debacle with highs and lows. I am confused as to why Oakley lab can not put lenses in them, but other places can put Oakley lenses in them? My debacle did end with a free pair of Metalinks with transition lenses. Currently my Det Cords are now on the way to Sportrx who actually sell that model and offer them with prescription lenses.

The first place I tried said they couldn't send Oakley frames to the lab because they were not an authorized dealer. Which was weird since they were customer provided frames with a receipt from an authorized dealer. I just hope Sportrx is legit and I get good lenses with the z87 stamp. Threw in a pic of the freebies.

16374569505303840913219931260630.jpg

Real interested in finding a lens supplier for these frames too. The main problem I'm finding is getting photochromic prescription bifocal lenses that suits the curvature of this frame.

I will let you know Sport RX says they can do it. I should have mine back next week I did get transitions but not bifocals but they do offer them.

Back