• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Det Cord vs. Gascan

Zax

Chicago
Does anyone have both pairs? Interested in the det cord for shop use, but can’t tell how much larger it is than the Gascan. Any comparison shots would be awesome. Thanks!

Does anyone have both pairs? Interested in the det cord for shop use, but can’t tell how much larger it is than the Gascan. Any comparison shots would be awesome. Thanks!

Hope this helps

20180916_083039.jpg

20180916_082706.jpg

20180916_082658.jpg

Actually I have the Det Cords and tried the Gas Can. The Gas Cans are a much looser fit. They are way wider than the Det Cords, but the lenses are smaller. The Det Cords have larger lenses but the temples are tighter and very secure, much more so than the Gas Can.

I don't have any data on the Fuel Cell.

The Gas Cans, as far as I know, are not Z87+ certified nor MIL-PRF-32432 compliant. The Det Cords do meet the MIL-PRF-32432 Class 1 spectacle blast fragmentation testing, but if your shop is a stickler for Z87.1 regulations, you need to get the Det Cords that have the Z87 coding etched in the lower part of the lens. For the life of me, I don't know why Oakley did such a terrible job doing the etching on the Det Cords. ESS manages to etch the Z87 coding on their 5B's very neatly in a small part of the lens.

Back