• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Detroit Michigan meetup - Organization thread

Timeline? When can you make an event

• November (excluding US Thanksgiving) - pretty dang quick!

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • November (including US Thanksgiving)

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • December (pre-Christmas)

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • January

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • I'm not sure, probably early-ish 2017 after things get less crazy

• Definitely not until a bit into 2017 (Late Jan, Feb, Mar)

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Further out - wait for the weather to break and do it in the Spring

• Total voters

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
Somewhat selfishly I'd like to get one organized near me. I'm out of work right now so I can put in some time on the front end to do a bit of coordinating. It looks like from another thread we have interest, we should probably move off that and create an actual thread to get a feel for timing and events.

I can accommodate a few people in my house and have room in the yard for campers, RVs, tents, etc. if that's your gig. I don't think the numbers will be big enough we need to talk about hotels and things. I live near Romeo, MI to get an idea (somewhat more easy to access from Sarnia than Windsor). By no means does that indicate where the actual shindig will go down, just opening my home to help some guys keep costs down.

@qtrain23 @SOULfulFROG @joecool862 @Aaron Barr @OakleyFrankFMJ @thisguy @Dyeraudio @Lexkempo @cyclerdoug

Tag up some others in the area, I'm sure I missed several somewhat local members. And this is open to anyone, of course. I'd imagine a day event, a dinner, and libations. Likely a Friday or Saturday. I'm bad at planning the specifics as I'm happy to just stay at home and have a few cocktails and order takeout.

If we want to include time at a shooting range I'm all for that, as well.

The poll is set for multiple responses, and you can change your answers. We'll see in a week where timing needs to be to get this nailed down or how fast we need to move.

Back